Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 10-25-2001, 03:26 AM   #11
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Boost King, Eat My Dust

Oh man!!! After the new duc and other ugly ducklings I'd take that concept suzuki with a standard engine in it... thats BEAUTIFUL!!! I want one... I really really want one... C'mon Suzuki! I don't care if you keep the supercharger (turbo or mechanical) just make this bike.

Maybe, to fix the name they could put knobbies on it and call it the Roost King??? ;-P
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2001, 03:30 AM   #12
stogieBill
Founding Member

Default Re: Blip

Huevos Grandes!!!!!!!!!
stogieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:14 AM   #13
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: IT

Nobody who buys a Boost King is primarily concerned with smooth tractability and rideability. They most likely want a bike that goes through rear tires and shoulder sockets like candy. So give them the turbo. Most V-Max owners I've heard from _love_ the sudden V-Boost surge.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:15 AM   #14
ollie
Founding Member

As a driver of a s/c vehicle, I agree with basically all of your above post, including your belief that a s/c would be more user-friendly on a bike. However, you missed one important point. A supercharger takes power to make power, while a turbo does not (to my knowledge). So you can get away with a s/c on an already-powerful auto engine a lot easier than you could with a relatively weak mc engine, especially in the 600 class. Good idea, but I'm not sure it'd work out in real life. However, a small turbo should give you similar benefits - beefed up low and mid range while not adding much to the top, all with minimal lag.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:22 AM   #15
starvingstudent
Founding Member

The Boost King is a girl's bike. No real man would ride something slow like that. REAL MEN would take two turbocharged Hayabusa engines and turn that bike into a 2600cc V-8. Then it might be fast enough. Barely.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:45 AM   #16
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Big Hoss Power Already On Market

I test drove a 350 horsepower Corvette V-8 engined scoot called a Boss Hoss once.

It had a lot more stability over 150 mph than my XX due to its 1100 pound curb weight. It seemed to pull about as strong but was nearly five feet wide and had one forward speed (you slipped the clutch below 20 and it accellerated briskly from idle.) so it wasn't practical for my twisty road home zone.

It could easily out-snoot any Harley, but ownership and use demands more than mere money.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 05:29 AM   #17
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default This is getting expensive!

Wow... how on earth am I going to afford:

1- Aprillia Blue Marlin

1- Ducati 998-S

1- Suzuki Boost King

I'll just die if I don't have all three. Somebody please save me, wire funds to.....
Old 10-25-2001, 06:01 AM   #18
vmxxx
Founding Member

and so I will agree with you student, I own a VMAX and i DID love the V Boost BUT I have since disconnected it and now it is locked in the open position. (all boost all the time) this givins the max a much better low and mid range and it sounds a bit like a cammed out dragster. I will be at the door with cash in hand when and if they ever release this monster! POWER GOOD!!!!!!! I LIKE!!!!! MORE MORE MORE.....(insert evil laugh)......
vmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 06:12 AM   #19
bimota
Founding Member

Default 351 is great... for dyno shootouts

I agree with Haru. I have an 1998 R1 that dynoed at 141hp at the rear wheel. At full throttle, it will spin 190 race tires on any of the slicker types of pavement around town. I've thought about the Graves motor kit, but I'm pretty sure that I'd just be paying to get that tire spin everywhere.

I'm sure Suzuki could sell this bike though, since people love having the highest horsepower bike. I can't wait to hear people say "Yeah it's the most powerful bike out there. I've never had it over 5000 rpm."
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 06:23 AM   #20
vmxxx
Founding Member

I thought I'd never say this but, I'd trade in my VMAX in a heartbeat for one of these! Ive spent 4 years getting every bit of power and tourque out of Mr. Max and now it all seems a bit worthless.

PLEASE SUZUKI, PLEASE LET US HAVE THIS ONE!

How do I explain this to the Wife? "I know I put all of that $ into the MAX but ...." she'll have to get over it, I will lol. Somehow the MAX just wont be the same ride after seeing this new Suzuki. hohumm, yawn yeah its quick BUT....
vmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote