Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 10-09-2001, 02:21 PM   #81
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: Streetfighters

Thanks, That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2001, 02:22 PM   #82
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: Streetfighters

Thanks for the site, I'll check them out. My cousin took the bars off his Triumph Tiger and put on bars from a CR250, but he left the rest of it the same. Made for comfortable driving, but felt kind of wierd. It did handle extremely well. Interesting.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 02:25 PM   #83
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Damn Strait

Amen brother! We are definitely on the same wavelength. I am sure there are more of us. Let's hope the media and the manufacturers are listening.
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 02:46 PM   #84
bluedot
Founding Member

Default Re: New Suzuki V-Strom coming to America

Try www.tl1000.com

Personally I don't give a lot of weight to internet forums for constructive advise or opinion. Most people are complaining about some problem they usually caused themselves and how the manufacturer now sucks because they won't fix it under warranty.

I bought a TL1000R in 99 and put over 13K on it before selling it. Other than eating a battery .. it never skipped a beat. I think you'll find that the TL's enjoy quite a loyal following.

A bike like the V-Strom does nothing for my tastes, but if you find it appealing, don't let concern about the motor worry you. They've been making it for 5 years now. Complaints about the TL bikes were always suspension related .. not the motor. Since the V-Strom doesn't have a rotary dampner, I think your safe.
bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 03:09 PM   #85
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Re: Demand

I think the "real" price of any noncollectible consumer good is determined in the second hand market. The amount of depreciation is directly related to the inflated price above cost of production of a product with the cost of production including reasonable profit. A noncollectible or non-limited production consumer good that maintains its value in the second hand market should reflect the "real" price or value of that good.

Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 03:52 PM   #86
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: Stream, Current

"Strom" means stream or current, or electrical current.
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 04:21 PM   #87
Grady
Founding Member

i think factory hard bags as on option will make a pretty significant difference in sales numbers...something that looks like it goes with the bike rather than GIVI bags
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 04:29 PM   #88
mcho
Founding Member

I have been riding Hondas sence 1963 and did all I could to get them to bring the Varadero in to the USA but now it is too late! I will be going to Deadhorse on my V-Strom instead.
mcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 04:40 PM   #89
mcho
Founding Member

Default Re: The V-Strom ISN

You are right starving but if you want to do 10,000 mi. in twentyeight days you need a little more bike if only for comfort.
mcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 05:53 PM   #90
FrankS1
Founding Member

Default hard bags with imitation 916 pipes??

The Suzuki stylists should have talked to the Suzuki marketers and come to a meeting of the minds - if the bike is supposed to have any touring capability, it's for SHORT tours only, since the high pipes get in the way if any bags. And if it is supposed to be as macho as the Ducati their stylists are copying, why aren't they selling it as a race replica, out to beat the 996 and arch-rival Honda?

I don't like mixed signals, which imply that two groups were ordered to "get out and copy" without talking to each other.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote