Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 10-09-2001, 08:55 AM   #61
crouchingtiger
Founding Member

Default Re: My theory on the name

because Germany has the biggest market for Dual Sports.
crouchingtiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2001, 09:14 AM   #62
crouchingtiger
Founding Member

Default Re: New Suzuki V-Strom coming to America

I got the Tiger because we can't get the Cagiva Navigator in the states. I thought I'd keep it until the Navigator came over or Ducati came out with a dual sport. Now that I've seen pics of the MultiStrada,forget that! I love V Twins so it looks like the Vstrom might be the bike for me. I like the looks of the Navigator more than the vstrom but I doubt it will come over now. The Tiger is a great bike , its fun and has been reliable.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:35 AM   #63
crouchingtiger
Founding Member

Default Re: More Great Names From Suzuki

hopefully they wont clear coat over the decals, than we can switch the o and the r around.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:37 AM   #64
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Let's Hope!

neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 09:40 AM   #65
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Re: Retro scrambler

I doubt if such pipes will ever be made for the W-650 because alas it's about to go the way of the GB500 --the only Japanese bike that could ever be called beautiful and unique, however the W-650 is (soon to be was) a close second. The good news is a cherry GB500 is now fetching plenty, so your father should hang onto his W.

Something like that just might come along for the new Bonneville though. It's selling very well and sure to generate widespread aftermarket support because Triumph will sell it for more than a couple of years whether it keeps selling at the same brisk pace or not. The Bonnie begs for a "MiniTiger" edition that actually can go mildly offroad (which is not really the Tiger's forte). And that would be much easier to concoct than something like the America.
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 09:44 AM   #66
crouchingtiger
Founding Member

The Vstrom might handle better than the Navigator.The Strom has a 18" front wheel and I think the Nav. has a 19".
Old 10-09-2001, 09:57 AM   #67
98Viffer
Founding Member

Actually, no, it's Suzuki's answer to Honda's Varadero, which uses the VTR1000 engine. Basically the same kind of bike. The Varadero was never sent to the states, however now that may change!
98Viffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:19 AM   #68
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Scrambler pipes--can be done, has been done

Visit Ian Chadwick's W650 page at

http://ianchadwick.com/motorcycles/w650/

Check out the custom scrambler exhaust system in the gallery. If the original poster is interested, I'd suggest emailing Mr. Chadwick for details.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:20 AM   #69
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: More Great Names From Suzuki

See my above post--Strom is German for "power" or "current" or some such thing.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:28 AM   #70
mayhew2
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 - The Rise of Mediocrity

I agree with you almost entirely. The bike you describe is exactly the bike I'm looking for, the bike that Honda (and the other Japanese manufacturers) have been refusing to give me for years to replace my aging VFR. Each time they update the Viffer the rumors swirl about more displacement, world-class power figures, etc. Then the new model comes out and its one step forward, one step back. This time they finally give us the hard bags and then take away the gear-driven cams and user-replaceable exhaust! Would it kill someone to give us a VTR1000 with more than 100 miles of range and some luggage, a TL100R with decent ergos or an ST-4S for the same price as a VFR (they cost the same in England, you know)

Help

Mayhew
mayhew2 is offline   Reply With Quote