Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 12-25-2001, 06:34 AM   #181
Arch
Founding Member

Default Re: New Suzuki V-Strom coming to America

Update: You're right bro, what was I thinking ... Suzuki wouldn't allow Cagiva to bring 'em into the States with the TL lump! The two I know of locally that are still for sale have Ducati 2Vs in 'em and they're priced right at $7925.00. FWIW, the dealership is Lyle Lovett Motorsports in Houston, Texas, 281-530-8600, ask for Billy Pine.

Yet another of those "wish I had the spare change" moments...

Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2002, 03:04 AM   #182
sanchin
Registered Member

Didn't see your request right away. I'm in New Hampshire, and my Nighthawk is in storage for the winter. Come spring I'll be looking to get $2300 for it. Reply directly to gregsamuel@mediaone.net
sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:19 AM   #183
Wingboy
Founding Member

Default Re: NO FJR so I made my own.

I bought an FZ1 and added a CB and Radio along with a few other options. I'm not missing the FJR anymore ...
Old 01-25-2002, 11:49 AM   #184
tigerowner_ut
Founding Member

Later Cran Canyouns did not come with TL engines. They modified the Gran Canyon to fit the TL engine and called it a Navagator. Suzuki would not let Cagiva sell their motorcycles in the US with Suzuki engines.
tigerowner_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 04:04 AM   #185
alpster1
Registered Member

You don't want "fatitude" but you'd buy a GS! Having had the opportunity to sit on a DL and make imaginary TL motor noises, I can't imagine ever buying a bloated, underpowered, over-priced lard butt like the GS. I weighs 150 lb MORE than a DL!

Plus, sitting on the DL, a lot of its design makes sense. The wider fairing provides protection from the elements, the seat is fairly low slung but with plenty of room, the foot pegs are well placed for long-distance travel (try that on a TL after a knee surgery or two). and the handlebars are placed low and forward for control when you wheelie past the GS riders

Get your attitude where you want it, I'll take a TL!
alpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #186
erik_squires
Founding Member

The only other bike I've seen reviewed with mufflers that high were fully insulated against heat. So, no thigh burns on your passenger.

The pics I've seen on the inside of the 2002 Suzuki brochure show a SOFT bag right up to the exhaust.
erik_squires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:18 PM   #187
erik_squires
Founding Member

I should have said the bag in the pic is DRAPED over the muffler. I am pretty sure the mufflers are insulated.

Erik
Old 03-03-2002, 02:22 PM   #188
erik_squires
Founding Member

Default So, DL1000 or B12?

I notice in the article that the Strom seems to be built already with good suspension.

The B12 is about $1,300 cheaper list, but from what I've been reading, any serious touring with the B12 should have upgrades to the suspension, so when all is said and done, either bike will have about the same cost if you're like me and want a sport-tourer.

I'm kind of impressed by all the mods people have done to the B12 actually, but what do you guys think, will the Strom be worth the extra $$$?

Erik
Old 03-18-2002, 03:32 AM   #189
TwoRs
Founding Member

Talked to my dealer Thur. March 14th,and the DL-1000's are shipping from Calif. on the 22nd. and should be here in the southeast by the 28th or 29th. Yea right.

I am on the bubble as to which bike I should buy and am waiting to see how well the V-Strom is put together. The other bike looking at is the BMW R1150R.

Any other suggestions?

I thought about a ZRX1200, and Triumph Sprint ST but they are not that well suited for the two up riding that I will be doing.
TwoRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:34 AM   #190
TwoRs
Founding Member

Update:

West coast dealers were to ship today.

Chicago distribution, tues.

TwoRs is offline   Reply With Quote