Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/suzuki-news/)
-   -   New Suzuki V-Strom coming to America (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/suzuki-news/880-new-suzuki-v-strom-coming-america.html)

mcho 11-10-2001 02:41 AM

Re: Busa bashers??? Loosers!!!!

I am not saying anything bad about the Busa. Have you ever spent thirty days living on and with your bike? If you want to go to places like Yelloknife, Northwest territories, Inuvik, or Prudhoe Bay, Alaska that is what you will have to do, and you will get a chance to learn to ride on something other than a nice smooth road. The busa is a nice bike but it is not what I would want to take on the trips that I have in mind. I think I will take the V-Strom.

Lateshow321 11-12-2001 07:03 AM

Hey BIGDICK...

Yah..I said the world needs naked twins..it does!!!

I would buy an SV1000 before I bought anything else. For some reason Suzuki is in a holding pattern on its decision to build it. While I would not consider "buying" a Hayabusa, I have spents many hours/days riding one. I can tell you its an awesome machine. It got so much power, everywhere, thats its a blast to ride. However, the riding position is not condusive to my tatses. I much prefer the upright (read comfortable) riding position. I don't get to ride every day, so when I ride, I like to get three or four hours (weekday) and six or more on the weekend.

So on the one hand, I wan't an SV1000 but don't have any idea if Suzuki will build one. They are testing the waters for the Boost King, and I believe they will make it. While I would prefer the other, I would happily plunk down the dough for the Mighty Boost King (hopefully with a new name as Boost King makes about as much sense as Biggot).

When I say that the world doesn't need any more standards with in-line fours, I'm refering to bikes like the Honda 919, Kwaker ZRX 1200, Bandit 1200 etc. As you can see there are plenty of them available.

The market would eat up an SV1000 or Honda Hawk 998. The reason the Superhawk and the TL1000S have never sold great numbers, is that if you are going to sit that way, you'll just ride the RC51, or TL1000R. So as you can plainly see the world does need naked V-Twin standards, and the Boost King will be an awesome bike, a collector's item, a cult classic etc.

Lateshow321 11-12-2001 02:42 PM

Hey Ding Dong...Hayabusa powered ST would KICK!!!!

To my knowledge, they haven't signed a non-compete agreement with the rest of the industry... So if they decide to build it, it could be the baddest mutha S/t in the world. I would bet that the various manufacturers read these boards in an effort to judge the interest of even a small group of MC enthusiasts. Understanding this many of us vocalize our ideas for great motorcycles they could and should build. So you can cease and desist with the smart-ass attitude here and continue your diatribe elsewhere.

Lateshow321 11-12-2001 02:50 PM

What kind of a LOOSER can't afford a $500 bike????

What kind of a LOOSER can't afford a $500 bike????

Get a part time job as a dishwasher for two months, then you'll be able to afford your dream bike, the Nighthawk 250, a new plastic helmet, some gloves and a vintage Members only jacket. You'll be the talk of the town cruising for buffalo

Best of luck biggot!!!

Lateshow321 11-12-2001 03:05 PM

Selling the Triumph????? read this first!!!!!

Before you complete the sale of your Tiger, you need to read the December issue of "Superbike". In case you don't know about it, it is the best of the Brittish bike mags. They have a five bike comparo of big Trailies, and the Triumph comes out on top!!!!!

Good luck...

busby 11-16-2001 07:45 PM

Re: Where is the SV1000 ??

what about the zuke bandits?

BigGit 11-17-2001 06:15 AM

Re: Didn't say it wouldn't

Suggestion: Take your lithium and prozac like the doctor ordered and read my post again. I didn't say they couldn't, or shouldn't, I said they DON'T! If they want to start building touring bikes again, more power to them!

I for one see the Bandit 1200 as a good starting point for a modern-day GS1100GK, to compete at the "low end" with the Concours. But will Suzuki do it, or will it continue with the timidity that seems to characterize the Big Four nowadays?

BigGit 11-17-2001 06:23 AM

Re:This kind!

A Nighthawk 250 costs about J$250,000.00 brand new. I have got enough $#!+ from my TwinStar to put me off used vehicles for life. Before I spend a quarter of a million Jamaican dollars on a motorcycle, I'll put it in the credit union and save toward buying a van, which I NEED.

OBTW, it's Big_Git, as in big, thick-headed guy, not Bigot, which is someone who thinks that guys who aren't like him are not quite human.

burntland 11-21-2001 10:59 PM

Re: Where is the SV1000 ??

i'm 45 and didn't have any trouble doing a fifteen day four corner tour of the US on my TLS. sore wrists come from a death grip on the bars and the sore back comes from trying to hold yourself up with your hands instead of your stomach and legs.

dsc 11-26-2001 01:42 PM

Re: New Suzuki V-Strom coming to America

Where do you live and how much is the Nighthawk???