Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 04-17-2001, 09:41 PM   #11
RKWFXD
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki DR-Z250 Feedback

I enjoyed your review of the Suzuki 250. In it you said the Suzuki is better that the Honda XR250 but you don't say why. Is it faster? Is it lighter? Is it smoother? Does it handle better? Is it more comfortable? Is it just your general opinion that you would rather have a new bike with electric start over a five year old design with kick start only? My goal here is not to challenge your reasons for preferring the Suzuki over the Honda but to simply discover what those reasons are.
RKWFXD is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2001, 08:58 AM   #12
banda
Founding Member

I was thinking exactly the same thing...

This article was particularly well written, the pictures were compelling, and having read it, I am thinking more about off-road riding.

Good article!
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 09:29 AM   #13
Neal
Founding Member

YES....diversity is great.As much as i enjoy the sport bike and roadrace coverage,I am a tour bike/Motocross(vintage)/offroader and would like coverage of it all.My son and I did a stupid thing last summer and sold the KDX200-how i miss it.!I had decided on anXR250 as replacement to use as a practice/fun bike.I was surprised to see you rated the Suzook higherthan the XR.I really enjoyed the article ,thought it was insightful and seemed to indicate the XR would be a better buy....then at the end you favored the Suzook.Could you explain why?Again thanks for the article...can the TT250 be next?
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 09:44 AM   #14
Lowrez
Founding Member

First Sunday in May every year Suzy Greenway (former pinup for Norton and president of Internation Norton Owners Association) opens her place just south of Stockbridge to anyone who can get there.

Hundreds of bikes (which is a lot for Michigan) and it takes me about 3 hours to get there. I start in Royal Oak, work my way through Wixom, then Ann Arbor picking up riding buddies. Send me an e-mail if you want more info. cbibbs AT home DOT com

Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 04:10 PM   #15
schai
Founding Member

Default Re: Riding in Michigan

Yes, SE Michigan doesn't have much. BUT if you go north of Saginaw and Grand Rapids, there are 2,000 miles of approved trails for off road riding.

Join the Cycle Conservation Club.

http://cycleconservationclub.org

Michigan (aside for the short summers) is a GREAT place for dirt biking.
schai is offline   Reply With Quote