Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Bandit 1250?

Motorcyclist mag has a write-up.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
cls
Registered Member

Haven't ridden one, and probably won't. The write-ups say it's sportier than the CBF1000, but not as sporty as the FZ1. They say it's much better: engine, suspension, handling, etc. than the previous 1200. It'd be a good, light ST/GT bike for minimal money. If money's not a primary objective, though, I suspect you'd feel it's a little "budget."
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
earthspirit60
Registered Member

I'm curious how this bike would fare in a real, ful test. Most magazine and websites will either ignor the bike, or give a quick write up, devoide of any real information. Then these same publications wonder why the market is rich with impractical, one dimensional bike that are "obsolete" every 2 years. If a manufacturer does make a b8ike, like the Bandit, there is little reward. Buyer and publications forget that most of us are on a budget AND mostt of us ride only on the street.
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Who cares about the B12.5? I'd bet all it's good for is riding on the street. Seconds on torque anyone?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
fumanchu
Founding Member

the 1250 has been out over here in europe for a while, and (from what i can tell after a test drive) it would make a great tourer/pretty decent commuter. here is what the british mag motorcycle news (who gave the 1250 five out of five stars for value) had to say about it:

"...Suzuki have created a 1255cc water-cooled, fuel-injected, tourque-laden peach of an engine. The frame and suspension have also been upgraded to give a sumptuous, well-mannered mileage machine that can also run in the twisties... Suzuki havenÂ’t changed the chassis too much from the old (k6) model, just beefed up the frame rails and revised the suspension damping and springs. Big difference, though, as it now steers faultlessly, stable and hides its weight well.

With nigh-on 80ftlb of torque delivered to the rear wheel at 3700rpm, the BanditÂ’s new six-speed gearbox needs little provocation. ItÂ’ll cheerfully pull from 3500rpm in top gear and run on to 140+mph. That gearbox is typical Suzuki: precise, perfectly spaced ratios. And, hoorah, no sign of any fuel-injection stutters or flat spots in its performance delivery."

seems ready to be your beast of burden.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

"For £5549 MCN considers this latest Bandit to be a bargain – its even cheaper than its Honda competition the CBF1000F."

Once again Honda brings up the rear. I guess I should feel sorry for big red. Maybe some other time.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
SmokeU
Registered Member

Lately they've been overpriced and underwhelming. I used to be a fan, but now only a couple models yank my crank.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

As far as the big 4 goes, Suzuki seems to get it right more than the others.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Honda Fan

I'm a Honda fan, but am wondering when the will make a shift in design (i.e. get some cajones) in the MC department. I think the automotive wing is moving in the right direction with the new Civic and the 2008 Accord Coupe (IMHO).
Old 04-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Honda Fan

Lacking anything but sheer guesswork I assume that Honda's m/c division has become ruled by committee. That's one sure way to make any organization become too cautious. Nothing exciting is ever discovered by a committee.