Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/suzuki-news/)
-   -   Big-Inch Suzuki Roars Onto the Boulevard (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/suzuki-news/3063-big-inch-suzuki-roars-onto-boulevard.html)

eojmo 10-08-2005 05:34 PM

Re: Big-Inch Suzuki Roars Onto the Boulevard

Is this bike fitted with an engine of Suzuki's own design, or are they still using the rebadged Kawasaki Vulcan unit ?

chris_z 10-08-2005 07:17 PM

Suzuki's response to the Victory Hammer. The resemblance is a bit more than obvious, but then again, any fat tired, major-factory bike produced after the realease of the Hammer will in no doubt always be compared to it.

Maybe Suzuki felt like their lineup needed a 240 series Marauder?

sportbikebandit 10-08-2005 07:20 PM

Re: I wish to make a complaint...

sportbikebandit 10-08-2005 07:22 PM

250 lbs + on a

So true. Nothing like seeing a 250+ guy on a Sportster or Triumph Bonneville to hammer that home.

SmokeU 10-09-2005 04:24 PM

I dunno, but Literbikes make as much torque as many big twins; and also have MUCH greater roll on times as well.

koltzy 10-09-2005 04:55 PM

There's a web page elsewhere on the web that says this machine is packing 123hp. That being said, torque could be as high as 150 ft-lb given similar proportinality with other bike. Scary fast.

Dangerousdave_2 10-09-2005 10:40 PM

Re: I wish to make a complaint...

I don't get cruisers at all either, and understand that there was a reason standard bikes were called STANDARD. They weren't great at anything, but they were pretty good at everything. Nowadays, that probably means at least a small fairing, to keep the weather off, but a decent riding postiion for everyday this or that, and just enough lean to keep the front wheel loaded. For those on a budget, that sounds like an SV650; to those who are not, or are thinking used, maybe a VFR. If people consistently bought bikes like that, every manufacturer would make something like that. Find something that meets your needs, and vote with your wallet. If others follow, they will build it.

Dangerousdave_2 10-09-2005 10:44 PM

Because, to some people, torque is the Holy Grail. I don't completely get it either. I mean, I understand the comfort of just opening the throttle when you want to go faster, but running out of breath just when things are starting to get interesting is kinda embarrassing. Know what I mean? Maybe you gotta be an old guy like me to get it. I dunno.

Dangerousdave_2 10-09-2005 10:48 PM

Kinda sums it up, don't you think? Being really good at something that doesn't matter.

Dangerousdave_2 10-09-2005 10:50 PM

Re: Why Cruisers Have BIG Engines

You mean Bob Dylan's not a folk singer?