Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 08-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #71
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: Hyabusa-Great Touring Bike

I always though that a busa with corbin bags would be a fantastic sport tour machine. My friend has just that but decided to put a turbo on just for the hell of it.
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #72
gpzer
Founding Member

Did you check out a CBR1100xx? I own one and they are a better all around ST mount. Though not as high in the HP department you won't get stranded like you might with a Busa. Just check out the known problems between these two bikes.

http://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa...t=SF;f=10;st=0

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum...5f56fefd5e9bcb

The only common problem with the XX seems to be a weak regulator which I as of 30k on my 99 have not experienced
gpzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #73
bikerdude_1
Founding Member

My 2005 Busa got 42.3 mpg on it's first tank of gas. This was all highway miles and I varied the speed between 60 and 85 mph. Went 192 miles before low gas light came on. I'm sure gas milage will go down once I start givin' it the whip after it's broken in, but still, it's nice to know it can get great gas milage if driven moderately.
bikerdude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #74
flying_hun
Founding Member

Too much traffic on most of 2 though. Maybe northwestern IL just south of WI would have a few curves.

Having lived much of my life in Washington I know there are lots of great roads, but Norcal is hard to beat for motorcyclists. Lots of great roads, mostly decent weather, and lane-splitting to deal with the traffic.

See, that should steer a few of them further south.

Kurt
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #75
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What is the known problem that will strand the Busa and not the XX? Honda doesn't even make the XX anymore, so buying a new one is pretty much out unless you can find old one sitting at the dealer.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #76
gpzer
Founding Member

You can still get a new one for around 8700,left over 04. Lots of low milage used ones for a song.

Busas have had so many problems over the years I can't just pick one issue. The link I posted has 35 pages of problems dating back to 02. Now I do know a couple of Busas that have had no problems but they seem to be the minority.
gpzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #77
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You can get em for a song for a reason. Please pick one problem that will leave the Busa on the side of the road, like you stated above. I can't really find one, but maybe you can read better than me.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #78
mrdemma
Founding Member

Please don't send any more people to CA, especially Los Angeles. Thanks.
mrdemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #79
MattDaddy
Founding Member

Hey bk6a --

Interesting set of choices and neither a bad one. I've never ridden a Busa, though I know a couple of guys that own them. Generally they love them, but complain about mileage in the low to mid 30s and chewing up rear tires pretty fast (3-5K on Bridgestone 010/020 combo). I have a Triumph Sprint RS (similar riding position and de-tuned version of the Daytona motor). In 22K miles it's been dead reliable, high 40s/low50s for mileage, good on tires and brings a big smile to my face with every twist of the throttle...

A bit of a bias towards the Daytona 955i, but like I said, they're both good choices. You might check www.t955i.net for more info. It's a Swedish site and a lot of those guys use Daytonas for sport-touring... Cheers!
MattDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #80
usamz
Founding Member

The guy from www.pashnit.com tours on a busa and has some interesting mods to it. The address is here: http://www.pashnit.com/hayabusa-mods.htm

This guy tours all the california roads and maps them on his website.
usamz is offline   Reply With Quote