Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 01-24-2001, 04:58 AM   #21
ZRXRy
Founding Member

Default Re: More 1400 Bandit Rumors

That's true. Look at the success of the Bandit and ZRX - people will buy standards of a certain technology level with returned engines if the price is right.
ZRXRy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2001, 06:39 AM   #22
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: I tend to agree... NOT

Well I don't agree with the statement "Most full-tilt sportbike owners .... are exactly that --posers ..."

Just because somebody owns a full-tilt sport bike (which is a vague statement, but I think I understand you) and doesn't ride it on the track, does not make them a poser. The poser is the one who rides his bike to the local hangout for breakfast/lunch/dinner/drinks/BS but never really takes it out on the road. Or the guys who just ride up and down the freewayboulevard real fast. Sport bikes are made for the twisty roads. that is where they are fun. Sure I could ride a less hard edged bike with somewhat similar performance, but that almost always means a serious increase in weight (compare an F4 to a VFR).

I have a sport bike to ride in the twisty roads. Unfortunately in the Cleveland Ohio area we have to ride a ways to get to the good twisty roads. I don't "pose" with my bike, which is where the term "poser" comes from.

stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:36 PM   #23
TommyJefferson
Founding Member

Default Amen brother..

I don't want a cruiser.

I don't want a sportbike.

I like an occasional acceleration rush.

I like an occasional twisty bit of road.

BUT, the majority of my time is spent pulling away from traffic lights and driving to and from work or around town on the weekends. I need mid-range torque. I need some decent hard bags for the occasional weekend tour.

I am very pleased that the UJM's are making a comeback. They are the all-round best bikes for the real world.

TommyJefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:16 PM   #24
Z-Rod
Founding Member

Default 1400 Bandit is real, for sale in Europe and Japan

Saw it with my own eyes in the main train station in Hammamatsu (Suzuki display, kinda like the cars in the Detroit Metro Airport). It has a wonderful presence and look, especially in the blue and white livery. Use google and search for GSX 1400 and you will get lots of reviews in foreign languages with lots of pix. Stop by you local magazine stand, a couple of the Brit mags review it this month. All in all it seems more like the Yami 1300 than the Kawi 1100/1200 series. Still, this may be the best of all. The brit bike mags are not always the most accurate with specs but they claim a 190 series rear tire and a six speed ... If it comes here I'll probably trade my ZRX on it.
Z-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 12:44 PM   #25
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default SV1000 is a slam dunk...What are they thinking??eom

Lateshow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 01:00 PM   #26
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Performance and All-Day Comfort...YES YES YES!!!!!

Lets get a movement started on this subject...I thought I was the only one who wanted performance and hated the sore wrists and back that sport bikes deilver....How easy it would be to include longer cables etc. so a bolt-on riser package could be installed in minutes!!!!!

I am getting ever closer to fourty but don't want a neutered machine!!!!

Where is the

Suzuki SV1000

Suzuki ST1400 (Busa powered SPORTtouring)

These are just a couple of Bikes that would be greatly received here...
Old 10-29-2001, 01:01 PM   #27
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default Performance and All-Day Comfort...YES YES YES!!!!!

Lets get a movement started on this subject...I thought I was the only one who wanted performance and hated the sore wrists and back that sport bikes deilver....How easy it would be to include longer cables etc. so a bolt-on riser package could be installed in minutes!!!!!

I am getting ever closer to fourty but don't want a neutered machine!!!!

Where is the

Suzuki SV1000

Suzuki ST1400 (Busa powered SPORTtouring)

These are just a couple of Bikes that would be greatly received here...