Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 04-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #21
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Crotch Rocket Boys Don't Know #$%@ About Cruisers

Wow, I must know it without knowing it because I've had a few things published. Maybe the secret handshake is that there really is no handshake. It's just crazy enough to be true.

Plus, I'm doing it for free.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #22
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki M50 Seat Questions

The words "Suzuki" and "accessories" in the same sentence is usually a good indicator of a punchline, kinda like "Ducati" and "parts availability" or "BSA" and "riding at night".
Old 04-19-2005, 07:15 PM   #23
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

As a sportbike rider, I would like to say amen to that brother. Motorcycling is shot through with posers of every stripe, sportbikes included. The people who get my respect, (without the slightest desire to join them) are the touring folks that you see out there in a pouring rain, most likely hundreds of miles from home. I have done as much as 700 miles in a day on my VFR, but I don't care to do that again.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:28 PM   #24
Hipshot
Registered Member

I find a lot not to like about seats on rice bikes. OK, so I weigh 250 pounds without equipment, but dang, even on my old 96 Goldwing, after an hour, I would be sitting with the joints of my hips resting on the plastic underlayment. Talk about an exquisite pain in the ass. I think they are just not made for us sumo-like Americans. My Harley seat, on the other hand, is great. No aftermarket pieces needed. I must have spent over a grand for Corbins for my ST-1100 and the Wing, but they did fix the problem.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:33 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think the seats are made soft to feel good in the showroom. Anyone that rides any distance at all quickly feels the shortcomings of a soft seat. Having owned a 96 Wing myself, I also found myself sitting on the seat pan after about an hour. I made the mistake of taking that seat on a 6000 mile tour. OUCH! I bought a Corbin for every motorcycle I have owned in the last 10 years. They just work well for me.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:18 AM   #26
mile_eater
Founding Member

My brother and I did the Saddle Sore 1000 on crotch rockets.

and if I recall.... XX's routinely finish in the top 5 and top 10 of the Iron Butt.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #27
Rivoth
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki M50 Uncomfortable Seat

Nothing wrong with the cruiser seating position. It's been the seating position of choice for cars, chairs, etc. for as long and humans have been siting. Apparently sports bike riders get a cushier ride floating on their testicles.

That said the Suzuki seat does have an design flaw. Right about where many riders tail bone is there is a rise in the underlying seat frame for mounting purposes. At that position the padding is considerably thinner and depending on your body and seating posture it will cause uncomfortable preasure against your tail bone. If you are one of those people you will almost certainly want to either modify the seat or replace it with an aftermarket seat of a more suitable design.

Rivoth

Rivoth is offline   Reply With Quote