Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 04-19-2005, 02:52 AM   #11
Chango
Founding Member

Default Re: Crotch Rocket Boys Don't Know #$%@ About Cruisers

Actually, I was racking up the miles when I traded in my last bike. I did a few 1900 mile days. How many of you cruiser posers have done that?

Long distance riding is easy. Just ride for 250 miles, fill up the gas tank, and repeat until you get where you're going.

Granted, since buying the new crotch rocket in November I've only managed to put 6500 miles on it, so I guess I'm just a poser...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2005, 03:15 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Suzuki M50 Seat Questions

Here is a solution. Borrow an old Harley Superglide for a week and ride it a ton of miles. When you get the M50 back, it will seem like a Barcalounger. Problem solved.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:15 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

I always find the poser comments coming from the sportbikers to be very amusing. Sure, there are a many who put on lots of miles. However when my wife and I go on our tours in the intermountain west we see 80% Harleys on the road. The rest are a mix of Goldwings, Concours, BMWs and various standards. Seldom do we see sportbikes actually being ridden. We've been on some trips where the only sportbikes we've seen have been parked in front of cafes. On Sunday morning. Note that our rides go through mountain roads as well as interstates.

So, if I were to make a broad generalization based on experience I'd have to say that the sportbikers are the worst posers. But, such a generalization wouldn't be true. Generalizations seldom are.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:24 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

We'll let you carry that torch.

A wise decision, I think, considering all the methane that generates here.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:34 AM   #15
SRMark
Founding Member

Run the Easyleaker tube between your legs and mount the collection tank on your back. That'll ease the pressure on your tailbone and give you added back support too.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #16
pdad13
Founding Member

Whoa, there. I own a pretty comfortable sportbike (Daytona 955i) and a very comfortable standard (ZRX 1100). You know I'm a big proponent of the standard riding position for most people, so you'll get no argument there. But you must admit that many people buy cruisers, especially ones with forward controls, because they LOOK comfortable. There are tons of misconceptions about how comfortable cruisers are because they resemble lounge chairs. I know a number of people who've never been on a sportbike or sport-tourer and immediately assume they must all be completely uncomfortable. An older guy looks at a VFR or the like and thinks "crotchrocket" and "painful" and moves over to the cruiser isle.

My friend just had to have a V-Rod, but two years of the parachute effect, aside from the beating his tailbone takes, is making him rethink his decision. I'm recommending something like a new Sprint or a VFR. Granted, Gold Wings and various touring bikes probably supremely comfortable, but also approach the dynamics of a car.

I rode a Heritage Soft Tail Classic for one day last year. It had a big, cushy, seat. My a$$ was numb after 15 minutes because I couldnÂ’t move around the bike thanks to the silly forward controls. It really wasnÂ’t all that comfortable.

But yes, there are tons of sportbike posers out there, too.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Hey, I love the fact that there are lots of sportbike and cruiser posers. That way there are lots of 3-4 year old motorcycles that I can get real cheap with v. low miles.

Long live the posers! There aren't enough of them as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, how do you like that Daytona?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:12 AM   #18
Rekord
Founding Member

Go to www.volusiariders.com and you can find everything you want to know about M50 from people who actually OWN one.
Rekord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:06 AM   #19
pdad13
Founding Member

I know, right? It's telling when you hear people call bikes with about 10k miles "high mileage."

So far so good with the Daytona. It makes a great commuter for a sportbike, and it's got way more than enough motor for any sane person. I was thinking about doing a two part review and posting it on MO, since we always hear what a nice bike it is but no one else here seems to own one. I've got to get it in for its first oil change this week, as I've already exceeded the 600 mile mark. Pt. 1 could be impressions of the first 600 miles. Pt. 2 could be an update. Whaddya think?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:44 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

You can try, but ya gotta know the secret handshake to get anything published.