Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 01-22-2001, 05:46 AM   #61
revs
Founding Member

Default Re: Street Test: GSX-R1000

WhatÂ’s scary is all the newbies that will want the new king. Just imagine how many GSX-R1000 we'll see over backwards. Better to go home and use your wrists for the usual tasks.
revs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2001, 06:00 AM   #62
96veefer
Founding Member

I can just see the ambulances racing out to the twisties now. This is a track bike. I love power too and you know people are gonna have fun with it, but this bike is also gonna kill some people fast. My VFR absolutely honks between 7 and 10 grand, bone stock. No more power needed on the street...legally...

But the bike is beautiful and for those with the skill and brains to keep the rubber down, it's a real engineering wonder.
96veefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 06:06 AM   #63
96veefer
Founding Member

People are gonna buy it whether it's too much or not Chester. No one's gonna shift at 3000. What's it feel like at 12...13...hey where'd that tree/bus/deer come from...

The average street rider, even sport rider, has no business going near this bike, in my opinion. People should have alot of 600 or 750 experience first.

Go read www.activebike.com... - Neil
96veefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 06:17 AM   #64
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Who farted?
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 06:32 AM   #65
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Too funny! I noticed the misspell also, but today (1/22) they must've fixed it. And there are those who say MO isn't listening....
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 06:41 AM   #66
VFRider
Registered Member

I love my VFR too, but don't think for a second that you can't get killed on it just as fast as on a GSXR.

PS. I would not not exactly say our VFR's "honk". 95 rear wheel HP is nothing to sneeze at but with ~475 lbs (dry) to pull around, they are pretty docile by today's standards. I would love another 20HP from my '94 VFR.

VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 06:48 AM   #67
VFRider
Registered Member

Default Re: It doth not bode well!

I actually encourage my son to come shooting with me. That way he knows how to properly handle a weapon and has the proper respect for it. Education = Safety.

VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 07:58 AM   #68
doohan
Founding Member

Come on guy give it a break...just because you can't afford one doesn't mean the motorcycling world should come to a halt! I agree there will be a lot of squids out there becoming road pizza on these things but thats life..there are plenty of people that shouldn't drive a geo metro let alone a corvette but people buy them right. Use your head just a little before opening your mouth and making a stupid general statement like that. Thats all these forums have become ...a place for squids to come and whine and moan and complain and name call.....Get over it..and while your at it..get out of my way
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 08:05 AM   #69
doohan
Founding Member

Default Re: haha, no offense

Don't know where you get your info from buddy but cancel the subscription. I have a good amount of saddle time in 929...no head shake to be found, at any speed.
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 08:39 AM   #70
DougW
Founding Member

I've had the displeasure of wrecking at over 100mph(turn 1 at T-Hill) and it sucks, and it hurts but I raced again 3 weeks later. If your concerned about crashing at over 100mph you should have started legislation many, many years ago. At least today frames, suspension and brakes are on par with the motors output, so the arguement can be made that they are safer today than just 15-20 years ago. My 1984 VF1000F could do an honest 150mph, but wouldn't turn without a fight and they brakes kind of worked if you planned far enough ahead. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 5 years.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote