Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 01-20-2001, 07:34 PM   #21
RRocket
Founding Member

Default Re: It doth not bode well!

Doug,

The point you make merely stregthens the argument. Your friend, who we'll assume is an expert, perished because of a lack of, say, concentration. And he was an expert. Imagine some squid-boy with his new license on the new Gixxer....who knows nothing of concentration, or has 30 years experience to back it up. Just an observation...(sorry about you pal..bummer)
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2001, 07:38 PM   #22
CADdriver
Founding Member

Default Re: Street Test: GSX-R1000

I am sorry you missed the point of my comments.

Summary: Love the performance, 40+ body can't handle the ergonomics.
CADdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 08:58 PM   #23
pistonbroke
Founding Member

"And because it only ways about 15 pounds more than Honda's CBR600F4i."

Just how many 'ways' did you go about assessing the weight of the CBR?

pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 01:02 AM   #24
vee4pilot
Founding Member

the 929 is the most tank slapper happy bike Ive ever ridden......it makes my R1 feel a truck in comparison. The price you pay for your quick steering 929.....
vee4pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 03:29 AM   #25
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default Life is adventure or nothing!

I would rather get my ass on something I enjoy and die at 30 then having to sit my ass on some boring office chair for the rest of my life and live a happy 99 years with bulletproof bacterias and diseases like aids, cancer and nuclear mutations coming in the next century! Some take drugs others die even slower by smoking cigarettes but one thing remains for sure,maybe I am only 21 years old but I was born to ride motorcycles and I can't immagine life without one!

rock and ROLL baby!
CyberJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 06:22 AM   #26
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Oh sure, the new Suzuki 1000 will out-power, out-handle, out-brake, and out-profile every other sport bike on the road. But will it leave my breath minty fresh?
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 06:59 AM   #27
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

I mean, come on now: This is a bike that even friggin' Kevin Schwantz admitted was fierce enough to scare him, and you don't say something like that for an ad line.

It's almost worrisome that bike power levels and capabilities have gotten this unbelievably high and needle-sharp, just because of the necessities of competition (sort of like baseball salaries, but with cross traffic and oil slicks). Mix in the "I'd rather die fast than live slow!" freaks and the lassiez-faire attitude of most dealers and manufacturers to proper training or mature operation, and sportbike riders in particular (and the sport as a whole) are either asking for, or are going to suffer from, significant social opposition.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 09:30 AM   #28
minime
Founding Member

Dear, Waiting Anxiously -

Sure, we could have mentioned how the bike relates to other bikes like the F4i, the Bandit 1200S or even the RC51 for that matter. But people who are considering buying this GSX-R1000 are not usually looking in any direction other than large-displacement inline-four sportbikes.

This was a First Street Ride and not a full bike review. We rode it at the race track for the intro and now we've spent some time on it in the city and on our favorite mountain roads. When we get the shootout underway, you'll get even more information. And, though you feel the article may be too short, some other people feel it's already too long. We have to take a middle ground here and try to please as may people as we can.

I hope this answered your question and feel free to email me if you need anything further.

-Minime

minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 09:40 AM   #29
Jsgsxr1000
Founding Member

If you got your nuts out you could use all 100% of the bike. A bandit is a very ugly and conservative looking bike. You must fall in this catageory, why don't you just purchase a cruisin bike and look like all the other fags on the road.
Jsgsxr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 10:01 AM   #30
Bandit1216
Founding Member

mmmm A handful, yes- "impossible" is stretching it too far. My B12 is in the mid-150rwhp range now at 1216cc with GSXR cams and 38mm carbs; it's not for the meek but the steering geometry is mild enough that it's not roo unruly to ride.
Bandit1216 is offline   Reply With Quote