Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 01-28-2001, 02:44 PM   #121
EyeHateAreWons
Founding Member

Default WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINEY *****ES

I have never seen so many whiney babies in my life. To each his own. If you are can't afford one don't be a . If you really are concerened about newbies then post some helpful tips instead of going off like a tool on here. If your getting one, be careful, but that applies to ALL bikes. If your an idiot your an idiot. We've all had our moments but don't act like this is new gixxer is the most dangerous thing on the road. Pathetic .
EyeHateAreWons is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2001, 02:44 PM   #122
EyeHateAreWons
Founding Member

Default Re: WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINEY *****ES

this auto editing crap sucks
EyeHateAreWons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 07:22 AM   #123
lucifersscalpel
Founding Member

Default Re: How come everyone dogs Suzuki so much?

My Ducati (99 900SS) has been reliable as they come, can't say that for my 1996 yzf 600. I would like to have the new Suzuki for about 1 day. I'd also like to fly an F-15. Don't need it for going fast in the mountains of N. GA or my ride to work though. On my favorite road I can take all (including some guys on R1s) on an old RZ350. I can ride my Ducati to both our limits on the street. It would be an insult to ride that bike (GSXR 1000) in the twisties around here. Every corner has a maximum speed which is largely limited by tires. Why pay for/insure more power than you need?
lucifersscalpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 03:31 PM   #124
R1Rob
Founding Member

Default Re: WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINEY *****ES

Don't you mean you're an idiot, you're an idiot!?!
R1Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 03:00 AM   #125
luckydog
Founding Member

Default Re: Street Test: GSX-R1000

right on Squid!!! My gixxer1000 is due at my dealer in march!!! In my opinion, if your afraid of it, stay off it, and quit raining on everyones parade!!! Ride hard Squid!!!!!!!!! Luckydog
luckydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 03:11 AM   #126
luckydog
Founding Member

Cant we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2001, 04:01 AM   #127
luckydog
Founding Member

opinions are like *ssholes............
Old 02-07-2001, 08:33 AM   #128
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Call me whiney if you want... But it IS irresponsible for ANYONE (not just MO) to say the a 600cc SuperSport is a good learner bike... or to NOT warn newbies that the newest/fastest/baddest thing on two wheels is not for beginners. This puts me in mind of the CBR 600 F4 I saw last year, totalled, with all of .6 miles on the clock. That's right, 6/10th's of a mile. Newbies do not understand (and how can you until you've FELT it) that a very very fast car (like a Porche 911 Turbo) runs right around 9 lbs. per horsepower, and a 600cc sportbike runs right around 4 lbs./horsepower. The new GSXR-1000 runs about 2.6 lbs./horspower. Newbies don't think about that, they think "150 Hp, I've driven lots of cars with more power than that..." because they don't understand in their gut what the difference is. To put it into perspective, a bike that's perceived as very slow (Goldwing) runs the quarter mile neck and neck with a car that's perceived as very fast - a Corvette. It's far more responsible and intelligent to recommend a smaller (500cc or under, IMHO) bike, let them learn, THEN step up, if you think you're ready. I won't pretend that that NOBODY should have one, or that I don't want one, but a newbie? That's just asking for another dead newbie. Do we want them to die, or do we want them to learn, enjoy themselves, and join the club? I'd rather they lived to ride another day. My first bike was a 200cc Honda streetbike, and I'm GLAD. Sure it was underpowered, tiny and I looked kinda silly on it *G*, but I learned the mechanics of riding, and I think it did me a world of good. Teach the newbies, don't bury them.
Old 02-07-2001, 12:06 PM   #129
DougW
Founding Member

You're right. They should all start out on heavey, slow CBR1000F's.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 05:55 PM   #130
Dannykookoo
Founding Member

Default Right!, but...

I agree that many newbies are being steered toward the current crop o' 600 racer replis as beginner's bikes. However, I don't think that they

really should be considered good for beginners. Learning on a less powerful, less flickable bike can only help in developing good riding habits. Now, can a newbie ride one? Sure, but I still don't think that is the optimal route.
Dannykookoo is offline   Reply With Quote