Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 10-22-2004, 07:20 AM   #11
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: New SV1000 coming to America

Sorry: Left some stuff out, for the sake of brevity. Never would consider buying an SV, then leaving it unmodified. I figured, from a Blank-Slate point of view, the updated SV (not the SVS) would be a much better place to start, than the limp-rag Zookie sent over here, last time. Sure, the SVS's fairing would hide, at least, some of the hideous frame, but it's a coin-toss, which is uglier. Anyway, since I can't afford a Tuono, and, used, Ducaties are best left to eccentric watch-makers, I'm keeping my finger crossed, for this year's SV.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 AM   #12
jungkvist
Founding Member

Ya know! I've had so many people refer to he and I, in the same breath, that I'm seriously considering going through an Identity crises; which, wouldn't be all that bad, considering the last time, I thought I was Buggs Bunny (haven't been able to look at a carrot, since).
Old 10-22-2004, 08:18 AM   #13
ValkBandit
Registered Member

hey, i'll bet luscious MARTHA STEWART would welcome 'em with open arms. she is HOT! ROFLMAO!
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #14
jungkvist
Founding Member

Thanks, for the critique; itÂ’s been noted. However, I havenÂ’t used any mind-altering substances, for decades (taken, The Pledge). Though, I must admit, "Back in the Day" I would have probably, preferred HofmanÂ’s Powerful Potion, to any such vulgar, alkaloid-based concoction, as you have mentioned (better living through chemistry, and all that).

Dear Lord! If I knew that it was this much fun, Tilting in cyber-space, IÂ’d have quit having a life, long ago. Now, if I can just get used to the diet: Macaroni & Cheese, Toaster Pastries and Cocoa, I should be moved, back in with mom by Christmas (just kidding).

To be honest, thereÂ’s nothing I like more than a verbal dust-up, so please, have at me. Considering the state of the World, and the countryÂ’s state of mind, quibbling over motorcycles is a welcome relief. At this point in time, anythingÂ’s better than trying to figure out whether an Ivy league educated, mush-mouthed, bumpkin, wanna-be: Or an Ivy League educated "Annoyance" who makes Ex-Lax stock go up, every time he speaks, should lead the most powerful nation, on Earth. Lordy! Lordy! AinÂ’t life grand!

Old 10-22-2004, 09:06 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Heh heh. Little do you know.

You like flame wars, eh? You'll change your tune after a few exchanges with kpaul.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #16
tomk2
Founding Member

this is one of my pet peeves with the big 4... the way they sacrifice excellence by engineering the cost out of most of their bike models

They are capable of making really great bikes, look at the showpiece liter bikes & 600s

but then they toss out so many other turds on the rest of their lineups

why don't they take some of that superbike engineering and put it on other models? Why not make a GREAT SV1000 or 650 that would cost maybe $500 more?
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #17
mile_eater
Founding Member

I can povide one bit of advice on the Ivy league mush-mouths.

ignore them. You're vote means nothing. Voting is nothing more than willfully participating in your own duping.

Remove yourself from the fray, and laugh at those who are still so stupid to fight the pointless fight.

it's glorious really... How heated an agurement can become.... when its about nothing more than which poisoned apple to eat.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:24 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

How do you think they can afford to sell those sportbikes at a loss?

It's a bit much to call an SV1000 a turd, though. Now a '67 BSA Lightning... that I'd call a turd.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #19
jungkvist
Founding Member

You hit the nail right on the head. Give me a naked SV650, with 80hp and a state-of-the-art suspension, as a basic platform, and I'll be glad to pony-up the extra cash. And, chances are, IÂ’ll be happy riding it for years. Trouble is, the little SV is probably an, entry level "Loss Leader" (a bike that Suzuki might actually be losing money on, to get newbie customers, in the door; and, hopefully, develop Brand loyalty (like Chevy does, with the Cavalier). So, in order to protect its more profitable units, Suzuki (and, all the other manufacturers) doesnÂ’t want to make bikes like the SV650 too attractive. After all, you can't make any money if a guy is still happy with a SV, two years after his payment book is empty.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:41 PM   #20
nbyers
Registered Member

Default The Difference

You've become so cynical, mile_eater. No man with the joy of a 1000F to light off whenever he dang well chooses should sound so disillusioned.

The difference between a cynic and a skeptic?

The skeptic still has hope.

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote