Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 03-09-2004, 10:15 AM   #61
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: SV650S for novice rider?

No! The cover kept all the broken pieces from falling out. Duh! That way you know exactly what parts need to be replaced.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2004, 10:29 AM   #62
Cherii
Founding Member

Default Re: ...Get a 600 SuperSport

The SV650S will toast any 600 supersport from idle to 9k RPM. Unless you like wringing out your motor above 9k, the SV650 is better.

Most of the 600 supersports are torture racks, too, coming off of a Shadow Spirit.
Cherii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:34 AM   #63
scottlit
Founding Member

They said it was to avoid drying your eyes out - that that would increase the time to heal. As I wear a full face hemlet and keep the shield down, that seems a bit cautious though. I'm going to check with them tomorrow if it would be okay to ride as long as I keep my shield down. I'll let you know what they say.
scottlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #64
Cherii
Founding Member

Default YZF600R !

Actually, there is one 600 supersport that's still a worthy all-around street bike... the Yamaha YZF600R. Amazingly, Yamaha is wise enough to still sell new ones alongside the R6.
Cherii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #65
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: OHMYGAWD!!!

You know that cool guy in Sandy Eggo who has a Ducati AND a Harley and he takes 2 differant girls out in one day and he has that cute little boy and runs his own company selling insurance to senior citizens!!

YOU KNOW HIM!!!!!!OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!!!
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:46 AM   #66
Joseph_Betor
Founding Member

The DL is tall and long, but once under way handles very nicely. It's longer wheelbase is more than compensated for by the narrower tires and wider handlebars. While not as quick as the SV, it is deceptively fast. As for passengers, I haven't measured yet, but I believe there is much more leg room on the DL (for sure there is for the pilot.) Also, with a topbox on, the passeger has a ready backrest (mounting the Givi hardware took about 20 minutes, maybe less.) There is much more wind protection than the SV, but it comes with a lot of turbulence. I'll probably be either replacing the stock windshield or putting on a laminar lip. Also compared to the 2000 SV, the mirrors on the DL can actually be used.
Joseph_Betor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:53 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Sportbikes 101 SV650S is like kissing your sister (The minivan of sportbikes)

Every once in a while new meat shows up and attempts to engage in a rational debate with Kook. They all learn eventually.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #68
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: OHMYGAWD!!!

Is it the same guy who has the silver spoon in his mouth?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:57 AM   #69
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Infield at a NASCAR event

From the Simpson's episode where Flander's wife gets killed:

Two yokels making out in the back of a pickup at a NASCAR race:

Girl: "Why did ya hafta park so close to my parents?"

Guy: "They's my parents too!"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:57 AM   #70
k11rsrdr
Founding Member

hey, it's a free market economy, if you can afford it go for it...i think that any one with the money to buy any bike be it the biggest baddest cruiser, fastest sportbike, or biggest land yacht out there should feel free to do so as soon as they get licenced...experience don't count for squat...just like buying a car, you see inexperienced drivers all the time driving stationwagons, sports cars, and SUV's...this isn't Japan or Germany, we don't have a graduated licensing system so go for it...the bigger, faster, and more expensive it is, is what's it's all about...gotta go out there and show the world your cajones...so, go for it...besides, i love reading articles in the local paper about inexperienced (new) riders trashing bikes...it cleans up the gene pool...
k11rsrdr is offline   Reply With Quote