Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 03-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #111
Jexter
Founding Member

Default Re: This is a motorcycle site not the Lazik group therapy site

What URL?
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #112
glgray81
Founding Member

Default Re: SV 650s for novice rider?

Scott, I am of a similar build, and I would also throw out the consideration of an fz6. I am only 23, and I have spent my last seven years on a virago 750. World of difference to say the least. I know the SV is cheaper, but looks have to count for something. The pegs and seat can get a little buzzy after four or so hours, and I have found it most comforatble to just lay on the tank on long hauls, but it still has more than enough power that I don't think that you will get tired of it anytime soon. Much luck, and have fun with whatever you get!
glgray81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:16 AM   #113
chopdaddy
Founding Member

Default Re: SV650S for novice rider?

I thought the riding position of a cruiser is LESS comfortable than a sport or sport/tourer on long rides; not MORE. He's telling us here that his Honda Shadow is not a comfortable riding position. Cruisers are great for looks, not necessarily for long-ride comfort.
chopdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:07 PM   #114
chopdaddy
Founding Member

Default Re: GAWD IT'S ALL SO DULL...

For some folks a Camry works just fine, JB. It ain't about image, or at least its not supposed to be. For some of us, the act of riding a MC is exciting enough and we don't 100+ hp or 10 second 1/4 mile times to impress someone. If he's choosing to ride at all, then he's already proved he's got plenty o' balls. Anybody who takes a m/c on the road with 10 ton semis and gray haired snowbirds who forget they have turn signals has got to be plenty brave. For many of us, motorcycles are a hobby item, so cost DOES matter. Right now here in South FL, I can buy a brand new 2003 SV650 for $4,895. Where else are you going to find that much bike new, at that kind of price? And since when is Honda the standard of "cool"?
chopdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote