Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 PM   #91
Jexter
Founding Member

Default Re: This is a motorcycle site not the Lazik group therapy site

Because their brains are being controlled. Check it out at http://derbigconspiracy.org/masonrye...inatiSV650.pdf

PS. Bush has ruined everything you hold dear. And several things that you don't.
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #92
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: The 80s

If you remember the '80's you weren't there

Unless you mean bikes, Then we all know lady's love '80's
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 AM   #93
mvtt600
Founding Member

Default Re: GAWD IT'S ALL SO DULL...

i hope your not being sarcastic!
mvtt600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:54 AM   #94
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: SV 650s for novice rider?

Well, Scott, don't trade. SV650 is wasted on you with 400 miles riding experience. Put a windscreen and 10k on your Shadow.

When you have some experience and don't have to seek the opinion of some glue sniffers on some dubious thread, then be your own man and go buy the bike YOU really want (which is Valkyrie).

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 07:24 AM   #95
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: SV 650s for novice rider?

You can't fault the SV. It's a good step from a cruiser to a sport riding style. However, my 23yrs of experience and the fact that I sell motorcycle insurance for a living tells me that you should stick with a cruiser for at least 5-10K mi. Why? You don't have enough experience, period. Two years of riding would make a lot more sense but if you have to go with a shorter time line get through one complete riding season. All the morons out there telling you to get something bigger or to go staight out and get a supersport bike are dumb asses. They are the same guys that make needless claims because of mistakes they made while riding. Take it slow. You want to be a motorcyclist forever, right? Then there should be no hurry to move up. Also, Girls don't dig sport bikes as a passenger. They get *****y after the first 30 miles or so. Why do I think I'm "Joe Qualified" on this? I have owned bikes ranging from a 69 Triumph Chopper to a 03 Ducati 999. The bike that gets the most use is a tricked out 00 Yam Roadstar. Although, the chopper comes in a close second, with a 99 Speed Triple as the round out.

Regards,

Kirk
Old 03-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #96
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: SV650S for novice rider?

Suzuki's website doesn't list the plain SVs. And the salesman at Salt Lake Honda-Suzuki also said that there'll be no plain SVs in 04. They don't sell. All the squidlies want their beetchen fairing and poser clipons.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:32 AM   #97
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Hay! Ain't you...

..one of them there NASCAR dads?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #98
mile_eater
Founding Member

look at the 2 bikes I mentioned. The 929 is totally predictable. It will never do anything unexpected. Would be a good bike for a 21 year old testosterone addicted kid to learn on? Hell no. But this guy has his head on straight. He wouldn't get himself into trouble.

All litre bikes are not gsxr-1000. An fz-1, 919, GPZ 1100, cbr 1000f are all ok to learn on.

A mature beginner needs to aviod suprises. You need smooth predictable power delivery. That is more important than the total amount of power available.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:52 AM   #99
Grundoon
Registered Member

The website still lists the standard SV650, but not the 1000.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:14 AM   #100
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: This is a motorcycle site not the Lazik group therapy site

Hey! your URL comes up unresolved. How am I going to get my marching orders from the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy now?