Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 09-12-2003, 10:29 PM   #1
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Well.

The GSX-R thou was updated substantially for 2003, so we probably won't have a new GSX-R 1K until 2005, but it probably will be a scorcher.

The interesting one will be the new GSX-R 600 and (?750?). Suzuki seems to be on a deliberatley staggered refresh cycle from the other three, so they have a year between viewing the competition and releasing the bike.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2003, 03:18 AM   #2
Nem
Registered Member

Default Re: What's up with Suzuki's 2004 superbike?

Soup has articles on both now.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/newind.htm/
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:19 AM   #3
Nem
Registered Member

both supersports
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:51 AM   #4
detansinn
Founding Member

I've got links to all the new Suzukis including the GS500F and V-Strom 650 on my web log.

http://www.buzzwordenabled.com

The GSXR-1000 appears virtually unchanged for the new year. Both the 600 and the 750 feature revisions such as Titanium valves, radial calipers, and a long laundry list of items.
detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:53 AM   #5
detansinn
Founding Member

And of course, just as I posted MO posted an update to their site as well. Way to go MO!

Click here to view the new Suzukis
detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:59 AM   #6
brickl
Founding Member

I've not seen any info on the 04 1k, but I wonder if the AMA rule changes have had any effect on the plans? I mean, Mladin is going to have to bin his one-off FI system, which will put him back 15-20 ponies. Certainly not an advantageous position for a guy who can't seem to win on anything less than superior machinery.

So, is Suzi hard at work on a dual injector FI system?
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:01 AM   #7
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

You know, I'd like to start by giving props to MO for the super-fast turn-around on these scoops. Good on you.

Second, you just KNOW that Suzook is only updating all these models for their 41st Anniversary to try and eke out a place in the market to compete against the new Sportsters. Right? Um, guys?

Third, okay, here we go. This SV-Strom, THIS is what the market was looking for in middleweight do-it-all bikes, and could the final coffin nail for Honda's 599, yes? The family is now complete. 650s in Vanilla, Sport, and Semi-Faired Standard.

Lastly, I really want to applaud Suzuki for bringing back the little GS. 600 supersports are most emphatically NOT beginner bikes, and even the SV-engined bikes, as wonderful as they are, can be a bit much for the true newb. The GS and Kawi's EX250 and EX500 are the beginners' class for sporty-type bikes, and that entry-level, both in terms of performance, price (and eventually, a cheap, unlimited supply of bullet-proof track*****s) is really, really, important.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:09 AM   #8
dominatr37
Founding Member

650 Vstrom? Hhhmm, that was not expected at all. But a 32.5" seat height considered low? I think not.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:07 AM   #9
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Cute...

The 650 V-strom is a neet idea, it looks like the real competition for the FZ6 (dispite the vastly different looks), as it seems like the other "Real World" motorcycle to come out.

The GS500S is also an interesting twist, a pure beginner-bike with a real nice style to it. I hope it sells (but I fear that it won't)

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:09 AM   #10
The_People
Founding Member

You must have forgot about Mladin's Superbike Championships in `99, `00 & `01 when he wasn't on far superior machinery. You might want to actually know what you're talking about before posting.

Also, is it Suzuki's fault that they GSX-R is just better than everything else this year? Why doesn't Honda or Kawasaki race their liter bikes? Not enough development time or do the bikes just suck? Caught off guard? Suzuki was able to step up and get the bike dialed in. Also, Mladin hasn't won every race, so I guess the other bikes seem to be reasonably competitive, too??? Many are posting faster top speeds than the GSX-R 1K.

Facts be damned, it's just easier to bash an unpopular racer.