Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 09-16-2003, 02:08 AM   #51
robb_millett
Registered Member

Default Re: What's up with Suzuki's 2004 superbike?

Yup, The Mar1600 is a rebadged/re-fendered KawMS.. and my my, are the Intruder Faithful in a SNIT about that! Go on over to Intruderalert.com and see for yourself.

me too, in fact, being one of them. would have rather they'd punched out the 1400 and given that it's own new frame...I mean at least use your OWN ENGINE...Oh well, can't argue with the economic sense it makes. THE obvious brand engineering rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure there are many prospective buyers ( who don't read every bike mag and online site of worth on the planet) who will not suspect that the Marauder 1600 and Mean Streak aren't one in same.

I can also uinderstand that Suzuki is first and foremost, an ENGINEERING company, and it must really grate against their corporate philosophy to have to spend any timne at all working on cruisers which marginalize so many functional parameters to achieve their styling goals.

I wonder if Suzuki management uses assignments to the Intruder line as punishments for engineers that are out of favor? It'd explain a lot.

robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2003, 04:03 AM   #52
Stonedog
Founding Member

Default Re: What's up with the '04 uninspired design, or SOS (Same ole 5hIT)

"Is it me, or is 04 an uninspired year design..."

Dude, it's you.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:33 AM   #53
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

What functional parameters do cruisers marginalize? 180mph braking? 10,000+ RPM power?
Old 09-16-2003, 09:40 AM   #54
robb_millett
Registered Member

well, all the functional parameters that supersports - like the GSXR series - maximize, like, weight, cornering clearance, braking power, engine power.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #55
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

OK, we get the point. You really don't like Mladin. Your dream AMA champion has a tall order to fulfill all your expectations. So I just gotta' ask, among current active AMA Superbike competitors, who would best fulfill your requirements? Who do 'ya like?
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:50 PM   #56
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: What's up with the '04 uninspired design, or SOS (Same ole 5hIT)

Give your head a shake son. The choice of bikes out there is better than it's ever been. There are new models, improved models and of course some models have hardly changed at all. What do you want? You want to be different? Personalize your bike. Do a little design work of your own if you have such a great desire for newer, better, different. Do you really want new bikes every year which make your old bike look like an old bike? It all costs money. Hell, if that's the problem and you can't find enough ways to spend your bucks, hire a custom bike builder to fabricate your dream machine. Why do you expect the volume manufacturers to crank out endless numbers of inspired designs? There, I've said enough.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote