Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 09-04-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: A Gift from MO

Saw the video, very interesting. No goggles, glasses, shield? Now that's Crazy! Seriously though, Yossef is definitely too tall for optimum aerodynamics on this vehicle. Since I am shorter it is obviously logical for me to do the test instead. Where do I pick up my ticket?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2003, 06:05 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Actually, I 've often wondered if you could make a v8 out of the old 750 motors (now the liter motors). Compact, high power to weight, slap it in a miata (or other small car) body, and you might see 250hp and a seriously dangerous street car.

Sorry got off motorcycles here.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #13
julian
Founding Member

A year or so ago, there was a short piece somewhere on the web about class racing cart type cars with Hyabusa motors overseas.

Class racing being bigger in europe than here in the U.S. according to the article.

Close to F1 performance but not quite as fast on the top end. Ground effect & the whole shootin' match.

The cars would cost in the 25-30k range.

For that kind of price,screw racing..just go out and see how many laps you can live through!!!!!!

I couldn't find the article but I can't get the video to run from downloading or the link either.

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #14
julian
Founding Member

The article I read last year was for open wheel cars but this'll do.

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/frames.htm

Ifn' you gotta drive a car.........,.

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:20 AM   #15
kawazuki
Founding Member

I like it. I say go for it. You have any idea where to get blueprints for something like that? I think it's a great idea.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:26 AM   #16
kawazuki
Founding Member

You'd have to cast and mill your own bottom end and crankshaft, but at least you could re-use the jugs, heads, and induction system without modification, although the ignition system would require reworking.

I think a Miata would still weigh far too much. Think Lotus 7, or some similar old superlight british sports car. Or better yet, a tube chassis car with old british sports car bodywork. Now that would rock.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote