Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Suzuki News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/suzuki-news/)
-   -   Mladin Inks Deal (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/suzuki-news/1961-mladin-inks-deal.html)

cycleguy26 07-07-2003 07:24 AM

Re: Mladin Inks Deal

big fish in the little pond doesn't want to be a small fish in the big ocean. He's scared. And spoiled. I hope Bostrom wins the championship and then goes to SBK or motogp. At least he'll have the guts to try.

KPaulCook 07-07-2003 07:52 AM

Defendin Mladin: Mladin is the DuHamel of Suzuki

From Suzuki's point of view, it's a no brainer. He can be like DuHamel giving constently good results while they slide new riders in and out of the team. If I was rider like Yates or Spies I would love having a team like Mladin sharing his wisdom.

Why criticize Mladin for being a big fish in a small pond when DuHamel is doing the same thing? I thinks it's cause he is Aussie who doesn't pay too much attention to who likes him or not. i.e. easy target for the MOrons.

KPaulCook 07-07-2003 07:52 AM

DuHamel is doing the same thing.

longride 07-07-2003 08:02 AM

Re: Defendin Mladin: Mladin is the DuHamel of Suzuki

So, you admit that Mladin is scared and won't move up because he isn't good enough?

longride 07-07-2003 08:05 AM

Maybe DuHamel is doing the same thing, but by all accounts, he isn't a ****y, arrogant, self-important prick. Mladin's "my shyt don't stink" attitude is what gets him in trouble. If he was half as good as HE thinks he is, he would be a world champ. Instead he's trying to be the greatest nobody in the world.

fizzchem 07-07-2003 09:47 AM

Re: Agreed

I think DuHamel is the winningest rider in AMA history. He acts very humble and glad to be where he is. He doesn't pretend to be the "World's Best MotoGP Rider in AMA" who is showing the little AMA guys how it's done.

DuHamel = cool.

Mladin = jerk.

Big difference.

I don't think Mladin is sharing his wisdom with Spies, FWIW.

obandoj 07-07-2003 10:58 AM

Oh great! Now we have to put up with his tantrums, his rudeness and his lack of class for another 2 years.

At least Miguel has some class and manners, and motorcycling and motorcycle racing can only get better because of it.

Imagine what a new viewer of bike racing thinks when they see that prick being interviewed on TV, specially after things did not go his way! As far as being an image figure for Suzuki, they would have been better off with Mike Tyson or some other goon, tattoos on his face and all!

As far as I'm concerned, that kraut can go back to Australia to sleep with a mangy roo.

fizzchem 07-07-2003 11:12 AM

Re: Wow

Tell us how you really feel. ;)

sarnali 07-07-2003 12:03 PM

Re: Agreed

Most of the races Mladin won were on a 750 against 1000 cc twins, How can anyone dispute his ability after the way he handled the rear tire blowout a few weeks ago? If he thinks his crap don't stink it's because right now he's the best in AMA.

remanking 07-07-2003 12:12 PM

Mladin is a Jerk. I remember a couple years ago at Laguna he got up on the podium and started bad mouthing John Kocinski, saying he was a bad rider, a guy that has raced and won in GP. Do what you want to do but don't bad mouth guys that have done what you haven't.