Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 12-21-2000, 07:32 AM   #81
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: In Gabe's America, however,

Is this where I'm supposed to say:

Lions and Tigers and Bears?.....

Oops, sorry. I've been on the yellow brick road too long....
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2000, 07:49 AM   #82
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 GSX-R1000

If 5-valve heads are superior, why doesn't the most advanced and highly-developed form of 4-stroke racing on the planet (F1) use them? I'll give you a hint:

They aren't as good. I read a couple of technical articles on the fact.

Feel better now? Here's another one for you:

Why did Honda stick with an obviously inferior V-4 engine configuration for as long as it did when the Ducati's were eating their lunch for all these years? MARKETING REASONS. They switched to the twin, took advantage of the rules, and won the first time out. Doh! Feel stupid now?
Old 12-21-2000, 08:08 AM   #83
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

1ST: BLOW ME.

2ND: Define "extra long swingarm".

3RD: Who cares about EXUP? It's actually been around longer than that, but I wouldn't expect a kid to know that.

4-valve heads were copied from aircraft piston engines of the 40's. So what?

Do you have a point besides the one on the top of your head?
Old 12-26-2000, 02:19 PM   #84
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

That would be Eraldo "Ifa we doan breaka da bike we winna da race" Ferrachi and the 851 Desmoquattro.
Old 01-10-2001, 04:28 AM   #85
worn_patella
Founding Member

I gotta agree ... TORQUE ... it's just plain fun. And you don't announce to the 5 block radius that you are doing a wheelie ... 3 block maybe, but not 5. Enjoy all !!! And wear ya helmets.
worn_patella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 05:32 AM   #86
R1TCHIE
Founding Member

Yes, Cycle World is the 1 that I've come across that favored the 929 and I'm not shocked to hear that there are others.

Funny thing; I don't recall saying "I got the best, you don't, na-na-na", so don't be crediting me with your apparent level of attitude (prejudice?) toward Americans. But you are right in saying "what-ever works for you".

R1TCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 05:52 AM   #87
worn_patella
Founding Member

... going so fast? I thought it was 'cause that gal doing the salute, stopped at the end of the driveway!
Old 01-10-2001, 07:21 AM   #88
worn_patella
Founding Member

AMEN BROTHER ... I also don't think 100 years old is old enough.

I don't think that the Moon is far enough.

First someone flew across the ocean ... then the concord did it the fastest (2 up sorta speak) then we hear that this sr72 black-bird does it 2 up around the globe and ...

Then we hear and see the space shuttle go BOOM!!! Then a bunch of guys and gals jump right back in one and ... hey the genetic pool has room for 7 more.

There's only 4 miles of "I can see it turn up ahead."

one day it took 3 mins ... a few years later 2 mins

... CHUCK I can name that tune in ... gixxer secs. It has good brakes right ... we can make them better ... it has a strong motor ... we can make it stronger ... GO GET 'EM STEVE AUSTIN.

OK now 100 years is long enough. But not until I do. Then I'll be married and Can't.

OK so maybe I'm the only one that understands what I am saying ... but please do not deny me allow me the pursuit of happiness. Even if I'm 100 years old. All you young 40 year olds can bite me! And all you OLD 18 year olds CAN WEAR YOUR HELMETS.
Old 01-10-2001, 09:17 AM   #89
RacerXXX
Founding Member

It's all about the TORQUE for me on the street. I don't wanna hafta wring the thing out to get it going. I'm still riding my '91 GSX-R 1186 because I haven't found anything new that has really "Done It" for me. The R1 is nice, but after seeing SEVERAL friends go through NIGHTMARE ordeals when their Yamahas broke - repeatedly, I don't trust them. I spent an entire day on my friend's 2000 GSX-R 750 & came away VERY impressed with the bike itself, but more than a little diappointed that Suzuki had put ALL of the power way up at the top of the powerband. That may be fine on the track but boy does it get old fast when yer riding around town at semi-legal speeds. As soon as I heard about the 1000, and the fact that it was essentially an IMPROVED 750 with a nice TORQUEY liter class motor, I signed right up. Anyone looking for an early 90's gixxer?...

Racer XXX
RacerXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 04:05 PM   #90
shibby
Founding Member

The power, torque, and appeal of this bike IS too good to pass up.....

The thrill of passing traffic at subsonic speeds, acceleration enough to suck your lips to your forehead.... I don't know, this sounds like the ultimate street weapon to me!!
shibby is offline   Reply With Quote