Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 12-18-2000, 09:27 PM   #61
Gabe
Registered Member

Default MY BIKE'S WRECKED SO KISS MY ASS!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2000, 06:28 AM   #62
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Widowmaker!

His comments are negative becuase he's constantly concerned with what other people do. He needs to stop worrying himself with what other people do, what they buy, how much of their money he would like the government to take from them, etc.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 06:46 AM   #63
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Widowmaker!

I certainly hope you meant 1/5th of a mile, or did the statue mile nearly triple in length? And why are flaming liberals always so technically challenged?
Old 12-19-2000, 07:14 AM   #64
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 GSX-R1000

Why in the world do cops need more power (horse or otherwise) than any body else? There is no reason for a cop to have any more rights (or power or whatever) than me. Under the federal (and virtually any state) constitution, they don't. Why should this be any different in practice? I have just as much right to defend my life and stop criminality as a police officer. The only difference is that I pay for him to go around doing this stuff all the time.
Old 12-19-2000, 07:34 AM   #65
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Deep thoughts from a monkey...

Why not spend the money for "art" grants, instead, on something useful instead, like cancer or communicable disease research? Most "art" is donated, or commissioned, and beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. I, personally, love blown glass as artwork, but don't think We The People should spend a lot of taxpayer money on it. If you like it, buy it, but don't expect me to pay for it. Art is fine, but, personally, I'd rather be remembered as the country who put man on the moon, a far greater accomplishment. I agree about the public school system, unfortunatley that's where my kids will go. I'll leave it up to them to make the most of it.
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 07:38 AM   #66
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: aren't bikes great

I lived in the Boulder/Longmont area from '75-'80, and rode my bike back there to visit in '84. It's been a long time, but there are some nice roads in the foothills around Boulder. Go up Boulder Canyontowards Eldora, ar there's another road (off of Baseline, I think) that heads up to an outlook over Boulder. Be careful though, there are no guardrails.
Old 12-19-2000, 07:45 AM   #67
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Seen Amadues, didn't much care for it. a) not QUITE true? It is, or it isn't. I personally know a bunch or 'furriners schooled here. Yes, our high schools suck, but they've sucked for a while now. And, I would be riding, and would LOVE to be out of the house, but it's WAY too cold and nasty here in Cleveburg this time of year.
Old 12-19-2000, 08:31 AM   #68
stevegrab
Founding Member

Yeah, way to cold in Cleveland.

I was at the Browns last home game, tailgating at the Muni lot downtown. There were some guys there from Liberty H-D raffling off a Harley $5 a ticket. They had the thing in a trailer, and actually took it out and road it around some. This was pretty early before the snow started to fall, but still it was below freezing.

PS Many people come here to be schooled in our colleges and universites, or the private schools for high school/secondary school. The public schools in most major cities are not very good.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 08:41 AM   #69
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Deep thoughts from a monkey...

#1: We don't send our kids to high school in Sweden, either (although I hear the girls over there are fine, so man, I wish I would've.)

#2: It is not my job to support artists. Therefore it a crime for the government to forcibly take my money and give it to them. The vast majority of government-funded artists produce crap anyway, literally in the case of Mappelthorpe.

If we are judging our culture by our "art", I shudder when people call Eminem, Master P, the aforementioned Mapplethorpe, and numerous other idiots "artists."
Old 12-19-2000, 12:59 PM   #70
nebo
Registered Member

I go 150 mph in my driveway! and my balls are so huge I have to sit in the passenger pillion to keep them from crushing the gas tank when I brake- which is only when my flip flops fall off...When I pass by women raise their skirts over their heads in salute. I can dance like John frickin Travolta and of course I have a huge unit. So why am I going so fast?