Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 11-24-2002, 05:51 PM   #21
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: Follow up to my query about the GSX1400

I hear ya bro! I love my '02 Bandit 1200S and a '03 Bandit 1400S would rock...

Shifting at 2,500~4,000 RPMs and twisting the throttle is a hoot.

Come on Suzuki.

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2002, 05:57 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Um, don't get offended, but why the heck do you keep selling the bikes you like so much? I mean if the RI is the greatest, why not keep it?
Old 11-24-2002, 06:05 PM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: How about 5-60?

What I don't like is CW acting as a Honda, LTD pr flack, trying to boost the VFR's flagging sales with some phony puff piece.

Lest I step on anyone's toes, I think the VFR, at least the pre-Vtech VFR, is a darned nice bike. But OPEN class Bike of the Year?

Not on yer life.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:36 PM   #24
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Defending the VFR, and how Honda will fix the electrical problems for free.

If the VFR is such a failure, how come new and used VFRs sell at a premium in Seattle and elsewhere?? Here is my opinion: Versatility in a word. The VFR is the best compromise between a sport and tourer. The 800 cc V-4 has good torque and horsepower. The riding position is great. ABS and linked brakes are great for wet climates like Seattle and the U.K. Try to break hard at 60 mph in the rain when a SUV driver pulls in front of you in the car pool lane. On my Ninja it's an adventure. Two MSF instructors I know have VFRs because of the added safety of ABS. VFRs have excellent reliability. Hard bags are a nice touch.. The bike in an excellent value at $10000 - 12000. If you have never ridden a VFR you should try it. It will be my next bike.

By the way Honda will allow VFR owners to get a free ugrade on the alternator until 2006.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #25
john
Founding Member

and bandits and ZRX's and TLS's (soon to be SV1000) and Busas abnd.....
Old 11-25-2002, 03:07 AM   #26
Tim_White
Founding Member

In other words, if it doesn't interest the posers their won't be enough demand to justify importation, leaving the real riders without a nice bike.
Tim_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 04:28 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending the VFR, and how Honda will fix the electrical problems for free.

Save yourself a pile of dough and buy a used one with cool gear drive sounds. Your defense of the new VFR may ring a bit hollow considering your bashing of other makes for similar offenses (poor build quality, passion, etc.)

The new VFR is more expensive, less powerful, and heavier than previous versions. ABS is great but the suspension is still bargain basement. The promised hardbags still aren't available as far as I know. Honda just keeps giving lip service to that one. And the bikes had electrical problems as well. (Buell recalled all their previous bikes and fixed em too. That doesn't excuse poor design from the beginning, especially from Honda of all companies).

Perhaps a new Ducati ST4s would work? Factory harbags, ABS, rip-roaring motor, and Ohlins suspension.

Wait, please, please don't buy an overrated Ducati! I'll sell mine if you do!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 04:30 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Defending the VFR, and how Honda will fix the electrical problems for free.

(chuckle, snort) And, you of course, have a lot of personal exerience on the VFR. (snicker)

Too bad that Honda never offered a free "upgrade" to all those purchasers of the original V750s and V700s who ate their crappy transmissions and valve trains. I'm in the process of rebuilding one of those "jewels" right now.

Once again you post a delusional response to opinions not expressed. Are you listening to the voices in your head again?
Old 11-25-2002, 05:08 AM   #29
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Hey Mo, you could answer all these tyes of controversies by doing a new kind of roll-on. One more like what we do on the street. Ont he street, we slip the clutch lightly and then roll on in 1st gear from a light.

To simulate this, put the bike in 1st, roll at 5-10 mph, then hit it. Show acceleration plots from a g-meter (they don't cost much).

In order to get a halfway decent bit of acceleration on a 600, one needs to slip the clutch to 7 grand. Hence, your test would show how slow a 600 is unless you do a Prostar launch.

The 40 or 60mph top gear roll on tests are nice, but those of us who live in urban areas have far more of the 1st and 2nd gear variety.

Anyway, this would measure the real "real world" accel of bikes like the GSX.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:20 AM   #30
banda
Founding Member

Hayabusas (of earlier vintage?) have certainly run sub 10 second quarter miles, haven't they?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote