Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 09-16-2002, 06:16 PM   #21
ramsayj
Registered Member

Default DL650

What about the DL650 for those of us looking for a midsize standard bike that has a modern engine? Check out what it might look like: http://motorcycledaily.com/28august0...idrawings.html Does anybody know when (if ever) is Suzuki going to introduce this bike so I don't have to get a Nighthawk, ZR-7S, Bandit 600 or someother eighties technology bike?
ramsayj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2002, 06:54 PM   #22
Benji_2
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Suzuki SV1000/SV1000S

FINALLY!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! The bike I have been longing for is finally going to be built. Suzuki, I purchased a used 99' SV650 and the thing was incredibly fun. The bike handled so well I was able to zoom right past racer boy up in the mountains. If you are wise, if you have any marbles rolling around upstairs, this better be a bike coming to the USA! But with these pictures raises so many questions. Will the forks be adjustable (I wish they were inverted), will it use a TL motor or something all new, will it weigh a brick and a half, will it come in yellow, will it come with a 180 or 190 section rear tire?<-------see look how excited I am, surely you will bring it to us, build it and we will come. It has dual exhaust!! I heard a RC51 with a full Micron and it sounded nothing short of incredible. I had a Two Brothers on my 650 and I thought it sounded good, I can only sit here and drool at the thought of what the 1000 will sound like. By the way, DO NOT TUNE MY NEW SV1000 FOR MIDRANGE!!!!! The midrange will be fine I can assure you, just give me as much race performance as you can squeeze out of that engine. I'm so excited, I can't wait, I need a cold shower......
Benji_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:48 PM   #23
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

SCHWEEET! I'll put on my Bell Moto III and my JT gloves and jersey with my Hi Point boots and go snag a test ride on this new turbo rocket!
Old 09-17-2002, 02:24 AM   #24
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Re: Embargo dates

It gives every journalist a chance to release the news at the same time. The idea being that you don't have to worry about being scooped. It's done in the motorcycle industry as well as computer hardware, automotive, consumer audio, and (drum roll) clothing. Embargo dates aren't going away any time soon, but hopefully companies will start working to set the dates globally rather than nationally. It really sucks having to surf around foreign language sites to try and get a peek at up coming models.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 02:44 AM   #25
robb_millett
Registered Member

really, go read the MCN story (found tyhat yesterday, the motostation translation is too hard to read.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:15 AM   #26
DurangoKid
Founding Member

It will be interesting to see how many SV650 riders upgrade to the SV1000. I have ridden the SV650 but I have never owned one, so blast me at will. I imagine one of the appeals of the 650 is the easy going nature of the beast. The power is non-threatening and the chassis is more than capable to handle the 70(?) bhp. Of course the SV650 can be improved, El Flaco demonstrated that recently.

Now the SV1000 will have one badass motivator, projected 115 bhp at the rear wheel. That is twice the 650. It will be interesting if all that power will be usable and mild mannered in the chassis.

It could be the perfect step up bike and should attract many buyers that would not be interested in the 650.

Pricing will be a factor, I predict it will be in the ballpark of the Vstrom.

Is this my replacement for my Falco? No, but it should make for some interesting Comparison reading.
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 06:28 AM   #27
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Embargo dates

It also gives the journalists time to write the story- I know I couldn't write a story about a new bike in a few minutes (then again, maybe that's why I'm not a journalist.)
Old 09-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #28
Troy_Smith
Founding Member

I'm right there with ya! Just gotta find someplace to sell a kidney or something so i can get afford a new one. (Not that they're especially expensive, i just can't afford &lt;ul>any&lt;/ul> new bikes right now)
Troy_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 09:39 AM   #29
Topher
Founding Member

So does that mean that MO has information on the 2003 Bandit 1200s. I am waiting until they anounce the new model year before I purchase one. If nothing has changed but the color, ( and I don't like the new color's) I will go with a 2002.

Any idea when Suzuki will anounce their 2003 models?
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:11 AM   #30
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default It may not be here until 2004????

Potentially Bad News fellow SV fans:

Not to fuel the ghastly rumor mill, but I just called my dealer to ask about throwing down some earnest cash/deposit on an SV 1000 and the salesman confided that they still aren't sure if Suzuki plans to bring the bike to the US. He said if they do, it will probably be available as an '04 model.

We concurred that if Suzuki fails to recognize that they would sell every SV1K brought to this country, then they are taking one long pull off the crack pipe that would make Marion Barry blush. Anyway, even if they do make the right choice, our 650's may have to endure another year of excessive flogging before they find relief.

Apparently it is imperative that we attend the upcoming CW International Motorcycle Shows and take whatever action is necessary to reassure Suzuki that we will spend our hard earned cash on this bike. Personally, I think threatening to have certain decision makers drawn and quartered by four Hayabusas would be effective...
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote