Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 09-02-2002, 07:44 PM   #21
Reality_Check
Founding Member

Default Re: SV1000?

The main reason I didn't buy a TL-S, but WOULD be interested in a SV1000 (if done right, I own a SV650 now), is comfort. The TL-S had ergos that were just too tight, too repli-racer. The SV650 has much more relaxed ergos, and is fairing-free. This is not the only reason for its popularity, obviously, but is a large contributor.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #22
rhust
Founding Member

Default Re: New Suzuki Boost King Style Bike?

Come on Suzuk, bring it on! Yamaha keeps touting their V-Max, but it's older than my mother and still carb'd. Feh! Bring on the boost king and watch the rest of the so called street-fighters run in fear.

On a more "usable" bike note. Ever since I saw the SV650 I wondered why you (Suz) didn't offer one in a bigger flavor? It's arguably the best bike in it's market for the money. But please, if you offer an SV1000(S) PLEASE make it fuel injected and don't mess with the ergos! Give us tall guys (6'+) an SV bike!
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:27 AM   #23
robb_millett
Registered Member

Default Re: SV1000?

Or, if that novel rotary damper had worked as well as a conventional damper . Pushing the technology envelope is ok, as long as you don't take a step backwards.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:31 AM   #24
robb_millett
Registered Member

Default Re: TLS...

well, so far all the comments on the DL1000 mega-enduro have nothing but good things to say about the engine, so Suzuki must have effected the proper refinements on the engine management system...I'd expect an SV1k to be the same...

the TL is a very sweet bike on the eyes, and around where I live, if you can find the used the prices aren't too bad...
Old 09-03-2002, 05:46 AM   #25
VAX
Founding Member

If an SV1000 is coming, it will almost certainly be fuel injected, though I see no significant advantage to it. Let's face it, the manufacturers are going to fuel injection to meet stricter exhaust emissions regulations. The new SV1000 will probably use the same fairly good system as is used on the V-Strom.

I've got a V-Strom and the fuel injection works almost as well as CV carbs, which work perfectly, as far as I'm concerned.
VAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:16 AM   #26
DJS
Founding Member

Is it just me or are the manufacturers getting better at keeping the new models secret? Last year it seems we had spy shots leaked of nearly every new model and this year hardly anything has leaked other than what the manufacturers have released.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 07:04 AM   #27
jonlich
Founding Member

While in Japan this summer, I saw pictures of the Suzuki Boost King Production Bike. It will be 1000cc and will look similar but lighter than the Boost King Concept. Will it come to the states?? That's a different matter entirely. I just know they are going to bring out a production bike based on the boost king show bike.

JON
jonlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 07:06 AM   #28
mconlon
Founding Member

It can't be just me...

That new Z1000 looks, for all intents and purposes, like a direct styling ripoff from what I can remember the B-King looking like. Specifically the upswept tail, but also the headlight and general front/engine styling. Thanks the godz they dropped the ray-gun exhaust and replaced them with a design "borrowed" from the MV Agusta Brutale...

Think the similarity of the Z1000 to the B-King prototype is an accident? Guess again--I think what we're seeing here is the first street offspring of the Suz/Kaw alliance: Suzuki styling with a Kaw engine.

Lordy I hope I'm wrong--as nice as the Z1000 looks, I still hope for that 1300cc supercharged Suzuki motor...

mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 09:28 AM   #29
phesby
Founding Member

My thoughts exactly. With the Kawasaki/Suzuki alliance, I can't imagine that there would be both the Z1000 and the B-King (two brand new cycles which directly compete with one another). I hope I'm wrong as well. The B-King is the one bike that could replace my V-Max...
phesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 04:06 PM   #30
robb_millett
Registered Member

Actually, EFI systems actually do HAVE the potential to meter fuel "perfectlty" ( just have to keep installing smarter processors, more precise sensors, and adding lines of code to make the maps more interactive) whereas carbs, being analog devices which govern fuel delivery via a system of air and fuel passages that overlap in function determined by airflow thru the carb, will always be a compromise...