Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 09-01-2002, 11:17 PM   #11
MuzzyMatt
Founding Member

Default Re: New Suzuki Boost King Style Bike?

Yeah, I saw pics of those too in Big Machine. I really love what the pics show Kawasaki is doing to the ZX6r.
MuzzyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2002, 05:16 AM   #12
djenning_ga
Founding Member

Default Online pics: zx636r, Z 1000

A pic of the zx636r can be found here. Looks sharp.

Also, the Z 1000.

djenning_ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 05:46 AM   #13
baddog
Founding Member

Default Z1000 Yeech!

I follwed djenning_ga's link and looked at the Z1000 -- my goodness, a new definition for Butt-ugly. Really, a four-into-two-into-four exhaust? No Thank You!
baddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:52 AM   #14
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Z1000 Yeech!

I disagree. I haven't bought a brand new bike in over 20 years. This bike could change things.

Way to go, Kawazuki!
Old 09-02-2002, 10:18 AM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Online pics: zx636r, Z 1000

Thanks for the pics. I have a 2001 ZX-6R. I agree this new one looks sharp like an R-1. I hope the user friendly ergos remain.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 11:08 AM   #16
robb_millett
Registered Member

Default Re: SV1000?

y'know, it's odd... I followed that whole TLS Tank-slap business whwen the brit rags first reported it, and there really was a big row about it over there, but the amrerican magazines never complained about it, or mentioned the TLS head-shaking in any divergent way.. and to this day the american magazins usualy say that the TLS doesn't tank slap as badly as the british mags said it did....

I wonder what the deal was? s'pose we'll never know...
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #17
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: SV1000?

Well, my point was that, whether warranted or not, the tank-slap flap (love to rhyme, all the time) helped drag the TL-S's reputation into the gutter. I'm of the opinion that if Suzuki had actually fitted a decent rear shock on this bike, most everything else could be tolerated.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:09 PM   #18
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Z1000 Yeech!

I'm with you! One look at the new Z1000, and I'm hopelessly smitten. Damn!, I wish I could afford about 17 different bikes!
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 03:37 PM   #19
mattg
Founding Member

Default Re: New Suzuki Boost King Style Bike?

Iwould'nt bet on the ergos staying the same. Take a close look at the height of the clip-ons in relation to the height of the seat. Looks a lot more race bike like to me.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:22 PM   #20
Donkeyjyna
Founding Member

Default TLS...

The TLS does not have a tankslap problem! Not any more so than any other modern sportbike. I own a TLS and love it. However, it is very flawed in stock trim. The rotary damper simply doesn't work, the stock steering damper is WAY too stiff, and the FI is tuned poorly. I added a Penske shock, a PCII, an ATRE, and changed the oil in the steering damper to a lighter weight synthetic. (I actually ran it without the damper on for a long time and had to try pretty hard to get any tankslap out of the thing. It's all about body positioning. If you have your weight way back and give it full throttle up a bumpy hill, it'll start to slap a little, but my friends 929 is much worse in every situation.) With the mods I listed my TLS is superb! It handles great, and has a big wide power band with no flat spots or surging. I think if Suzuki makes the SV1000, and it's based on the TLS but more refined and without the extremely bad reputation, it'll be a big seller. You just can't beat a V-twin.
Donkeyjyna is offline   Reply With Quote