Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Suzuki News

Old 02-22-2002, 06:16 PM   #11
evilgenius
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki XREO fast at Philip Island

I agree with you Joe_Momma. I also would guarantee that putting the likes of Ben Bostrom, Colin Edwards, Nicky Hayden, Anthony Gobert on a MotoGP 4-stroker would put in more respectable lap times than Biaggi, KRJR, Katoh, or McCoy (boy is he fun to watch sliding) on a equally prepped bike as long as it turns 4 times.

There's not much difference between Formula Xtreme and a GP1 machine except that the GP1 are far more cutting edge, lighter, and more powerful.

Much like a SuperSuperBike...
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2002, 06:19 PM   #12
evilgenius
Founding Member

I agree with you Joe_Momma. I also would guarantee that putting the likes of Ben Bostrom, Colin Edwards, Nicky Hayden, Anthony Gobert on a MotoGP 4-stroker would put in more respectable lap times than Biaggi, KRJR, Katoh, or McCoy (boy is he fun to watch sliding) on a equally prepped bike as long as it turns 4 times.

There's not much difference between Formula Xtreme and a GP1 machine except that the GP1 are far more cutting edge, lighter, and more powerful.

Much like a SuperSuperBike...
Old 02-23-2002, 06:27 AM   #13
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Seems like I wasn't the only victim of the double post. Hey, I see it this way, they are just F-extreme bikes with a lil' bit more power, more CORNER clearance, they weigh less, and they are more trick, just like you say. I think that corner clearance alone is good enough for a second or two a lap. The current crop of Superbikes are so fast though, I don't think that GP1 bikes will run times much better than 500cc and Superbikes. I think if Ducati had built a twin (instead of a 320lbs v4)that weighed in at 300lbs, they still would have been up front in GP. With a 186 HP superbike running around, I am sure they could have squeezed 14 more with a shorter stroke. I am no engineer but I am an amateur physicist in my basement. Like that means anything. Haha
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:59 AM   #14
Kiwi
Founding Member

Default Re: Two Strokes not dead yet

Daijiro Katoh World Champion GP1 2002

Watch this space!
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 06:49 AM   #15
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Two Strokes not dead yet

Yeah Yeah, no champ for Daijiro. Honda just recently made him switch to Michelins so he may spend the season adjusting.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:22 AM   #16
evilgenius
Founding Member

Looks like you may be right about Ducati just needing to tweak the 998 just a bit more.

Apparently, Bayliss lapped faster Checa's M1 at Valenica (1:34.261 vs 1:34.654). Check out www.amasuperbike.com/newind.htm

But, remember that Bayliss and the Duck have 2+ years together while Checa and the M1 are in the infant stage.

Let's see what happens as M1 team progresses...
Old 02-25-2002, 10:44 AM   #17
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Bayliss is like Rossi, he is fast with a wheelbarrel and some Nikes on. If you can somehow find them, check out some of his AUstralian SBK races. Man, that guy looks like an extreme version of Aaron Yates, sliding his bike almost completely sideways, the bike at a 90 degree. I guess he got smoother with age and it helps when you ride a twin, although he, Boz, Nicki and Kurtis still get it out there. Now if that Duc had a few more horses and 55 less lbs, it would be a giant killer. 55 is a lot.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:54 PM   #18
Poser
Founding Member

Default Right On!

Katoh, unless Honda manage to sabatoge him. He might win anyway.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote