Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Honda

Old 02-02-2016, 08:34 AM   #1
stone150
Registered Member

Default 1995 CB750 Electrical issue

I was given a 1995 CB750 by my Father-in-Law, it is a little rough around the edges and I'm working to clean it up. I've done basic maintenance and a few other things, but I'm getting a weird electrical issue. the bike starts and runs, headlight works, gauges work (mechanical) but nothing else electrical does. the indicator lights don't work (other than the high beam indicator), turn signals don't work, rear brake light doesn't work, gauge back lighting doesn't work, no horn. It started a week or so ago, once it just went out, but when I turned the handlebars it came back on. this past weekend, I went to start the motorcycle and no lights, but started fine and when the motor started, the vibrations caused all the lights to come on. Now they don't work and no amount of jiggling wires will cause any life.
But like i've stated, the motorcycle runs and starts fine, and I have a headlight.

I figure it might be a fuse, the left handlebar control (although less likely), short in the wiring, or ground.
stone150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement