Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ride Stories (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ride-stories/)
-   -   Riding with my Dad (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ride-stories/8823-riding-my-dad.html)

VansGirl 07-10-2008 08:20 PM

Riding with my Dad
 
I had the best time growing up riding with my dad on his Yamaha motorcycle. Not the fanciest ride in the world, but it was a dream to me. We'd go out in the country and ride up and down these WV mountains. I can remember when we'd go around very sharp curves (and there are plenty in the WV backwoods), he'd tell me I had to lean with him or else we'd never get around.

So much fun!

Kenneth_Moore 07-11-2008 07:34 AM

That's a nice memory VansGirl. Are you riding now as a result?

sarnali2 07-11-2008 07:45 AM

I also used to ride with my dad, when I was big enough I got my own bike and we'd go racing together MX'ing and Poker Runs. When I got into street bikes we went riding quit a bit, him on his R100RT and me on various bikes I had. I take my own daughters for rides now and they love it, my dad's so sick now it really makes me glad we had that chance to go together.

12er 07-11-2008 09:14 AM

I'd ride my dirt bike and my dad would drink beer, kinda the same...

seruzawa 07-11-2008 10:00 AM

Ha! My Dad rode bikes when he was a kid, but that was before WWII. I used to let my dad ride my bikes. I stopped letting him ride my bikes after he wheelied my '70 Kwacker 650 into a chain link fence.

Kenneth_Moore 07-11-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 188915)
Ha! My Dad rode bikes when he was a kid, but that was before WWII. I used to let my dad ride my bikes. I stopped letting him ride my bikes after he wheelied my '70 Kwacker 650 into a chain link fence.

Zawa: as a neophyte, I need your guidance on how I can better serve General Zod. What suggestions do you have for me?

seruzawa 07-11-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 188922)
Zawa: as a neophyte, I need your guidance on how I can better serve General Zod. What suggestions do you have for me?

Important Things to Remember:

1- Kneel to Zod!
2- Obey Zod in all things.
3- Prepare to become worthy of Zod's rule. No more whining about gas prices or lack of healthcare. Zod has an effective method of dealing with hospital overcrowding. The 25 patients who have been in the hospital the longest will be publicly executed. Miraculous cures soon follow.

Kenneth_Moore 07-11-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 188929)
Important Things to Remember:

1- Kneel to Zod!
2- Obey Zod in all things.
3- Prepare to become worthy of Zod's rule. No more whining about gas prices or lack of healthcare. Zod has an effective method of dealing with hospital overcrowding. The 25 patients who have been in the hospital the longest will be publicly executed. Miraculous cures soon follow.

Ok, got it. What percentage of my income should I send to Zod? Clearly, I'm not going to give any more income to the government, but is 33% really enough? I can probably maintain my health and ability to serve with 20%, thus leaving 80% for Zod. Is that enough?

seruzawa 07-11-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 188931)
Ok, got it. What percentage of my income should I send to Zod? Clearly, I'm not going to give any more income to the government, but is 33% really enough? I can probably maintain my health and ability to serve with 20%, thus leaving 80% for Zod. Is that enough?

Zod's rule will be far more efficient than your messy farce called a "democracy". As ruler I will only demand 10% tribute. In my new legal system there will be no expensive jury trials or prisons. Executions and neutron mines will suffice. There will be two classes of citizens. All current government employees and officials will be low class citizens. Those currently employed in the private sector will be full citizens. Those on welfare.......see the legal system above. Zod does not tolerate parasites.

Zod's rule is strict, but just.

vermicious 07-11-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 188932)
Zod's rule is strict, but just.

And somewhat blousey


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.