Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I've got some stories from the river near Dong Ha too. But they aren't motorcycle related.
And I've got stories about a Dang Ho!

Last edited by sachiwilson : 07-03-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: I really really should edit this, but I can't bring myself to ruin the pun. :)
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

They probably end with a shot of Penicillin for the both of you.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
They probably end with a shot of Penicillin for the both of you.........
There were some shots. That much is true.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

First encounter with a moron in a cage? It won't be your last. Keep your head, and you will live longer. Chalk it up to stupidity and get away from them ASAP.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #15
ShawnKing
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Class, someone please explain to us what Mr."G" did wrong here. Anyone?
In any altercation that has escalated to this level, don't turn your back on the guy and don't take off your helmet!
2008 Yamaha FJR 1300A
ShawnKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #16
Amoryl
Registered Member

there are several parts of the country where I don't think I'd willingly ride a bike, heck I only drive there unwillingly. top among them, that I've been to is Jacksonville florida and St. Louis Mo. both full of angry psychotic a'holes behind the wheel. funny thing about Jacksonville is they're wonderful, polite, and friendly people outside their cars, but put them behind the wheel...I turned onto a busy street during rush hour once, into the right lane in my jeep. some lady almost 3/4 of the block away already trying to go like 50 in the slow lane of a city street during rush hour instantly laid on her horn and angrily started waving me to move to the right...move to the right? lady I'm in the right lane you crazy old bat! I don't think I've ever gotten that old wrangler up to 40 that fast, and it still wasn't enough.

st. louis is just filled with angry hateful people. in the almost 2 years I lived there I've never had so many people intentionally try to run me off the highway, they'll constantly pace you as you try to merge onto the highway untill you run out of merge lane and run off onto the shoulder, before they speed up and go. if you try to slow down, so will they, if you dare speed up they'll slam the gas and make insulting gestures at you. I remember one time in particular, I was coming down the onramp to get onto the highway when some jackhole in the right lane was going like 75+ and the moment he saw me just laid on his horn and made me run off the road (kinda blind turn) with the "I'm not going to slow down, buddy, so you'd better move" day in and day out. and this was in a car, I'd be scared to death of dealing with these vehicular homicidal maniacs with only two wheels and a prayer between me and them.

I've noticed that on the west coast, specifically Seattle and SF people are horrible drivers, but mostly through inattention and lack of brains, not nearly as much a'hole agressive driving like the midwest. a couple weeks ago here north of Chicago, I saw some SUV drive almost half a mile passing rush hour traffic by driving 40mph down the shoulder of the highway! then FORCE his way back onto the road, when he saw a traffic cop ahead. (thankfully it didn't save him from getting pulled over)
Amoryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoryl View Post
there are several parts of the country where I don't think I'd willingly ride a bike, heck I only drive there unwillingly. top among them, that I've been to is Jacksonville florida and St. Louis Mo. both full of angry psychotic a'holes behind the wheel. funny thing about Jacksonville is they're wonderful, polite, and friendly people outside their cars, but put them behind the wheel...
Like this?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Just let it go. You are going to run in to these idiots from time to time and if you react it is YOU who will get arrested while the psycho who almost killed you pretends to be a poor victim who, "Didn't see you".
That's almost the best case scenario. You never know what kind of psychopath is wielding that 2 ton weapon.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote