Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #31
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I also threw in one of the Colorado River which is running about 8 feet higher than normal right now.
-That's impossible! We have been told repeatedly that the Colorado River is drying up! It can not maintain the demand! LIER! FALSE IMAGES! SNAKE OIL SALESMAN!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Here's some of Electrical Lake in the Manti-LaSals.

And one of the Turkeys walking along by my cabin this A.M.

Too bad no one else could come along. Everyone should see this part of the USA sometime. Just watch out for being kidnapped by polygamists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FRZ_IMG_0375.jpg (51.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg FRZ_IMG_0376.jpg (56.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg WT_IMG_0384.jpg (60.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg FRZ_IMG_0380.jpg (61.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by seruzawa : 06-03-2008 at 01:54 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #33
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Cool shots, the mountain ones look like here. The desert's kind of different though.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
-That's impossible! We have been told repeatedly that the Colorado River is drying up! It can not maintain the demand! LIER! FALSE IMAGES! SNAKE OIL SALESMAN!
Dang! I didn't know! I guess that all those river side campsites that I saw when I rode by weren't really washed out. Maybe the Dept of the Interior has put up a high tech holographic display to fool everyone.

Lake Powell is rising at about a foot per day right now. Maybe that's another lie, eh? Better call the Sierra Club if you want the truth! (snicker)
Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #35
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Dang! I didn't know! I guess that all those river side campsites that I saw when I rode by weren't really washed out. Maybe the Dept of the Interior has put up a high tech holographic display to fool everyone.

Lake Powell is rising at about a foot per day right now. Maybe that's another lie, eh? Better call the Sierra Club if you want the truth! (snicker)
Global Warming is melting the icecaps and the formerly permanent snow on top of the mountains. It rushes down the mountains and floods the lakes and rivers. Geez, you guys just don't get it, do you?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #36
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Global Warming is melting the icecaps and the formerly permanent snow on top of the mountains. It rushes down the mountains and floods the lakes and rivers. Geez, you guys just don't get it, do you?
That one is my fault, I left the freezer door open up there. Burned the damn motor out.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
That one is my fault, I left the freezer door open up there. Burned the damn motor out.
BTW... Maunder minimum. Buy cold weather gear now. The Acrtic icepacks are charging back. Worldwide temperatures are plummeting. Religious fanatics never admit a mistake.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #38
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Here are some photos of our 1,500 mile 5 day trip. These are of me and the bike at Foy Lake which is at about 9000 feet and is about 50 miles north of Monument Valley. This is proof that the Wing did more "Adventure Touring" than any dedicated AT bike I saw in 5 days. Well, actually I saw not one AT bike on any dirt or out of the way road. Did see some KLR's though. Good for them.

After all, who wants to get dust on a $20K AT bike, eh?

Other photos are from the overlook of the Colorado river at the north tip of Lake Powell.

If anyone is interested in cruising this part of the USA you need to be careful of your fuel requirements because there are stretches of over 100 miles with no fuel stops.
D@mn, Prince is getting old and taller... I hear ya on the fuel stops. Took 50 east one night at about 1am across nevada, bad call. Luckily I rolled into a second podunk town that left their pumps on with a card reader. The first podunk town rolled up at sun down apparently and still had the old analog pumps. Put 10.6 gallons into my buddies 10.0 tank on his civic. Talk about pucker factor, then did the same dang thing rolling into Utah on the next tank, 10.4 gals... Luckily Grand Junction wasnt that far off on the next tank.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #39
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Them old GW's are pretty cool bikes. I had an '81 Interstate for awhile when my kids were babies, paid a $1500 for it and sold it a few months later for a $1500. It had 60 some k miles on it but it still ran pretty good. I wound up putting the money in on a ZX1000R, more my style I guess.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Default A bike from when Honda was still an innovator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Them old GW's are pretty cool bikes. I had an '81 Interstate for awhile when my kids were babies, paid a $1500 for it and sold it a few months later for a $1500. It had 60 some k miles on it but it still ran pretty good. I wound up putting the money in on a ZX1000R, more my style I guess.
I paid $2300 for it. Only got 36K on it total. Needed new fork seals and steering head bearings but otherwise was running like a charm. I've got dual piston calipers from an '82 to install that should improve the braking quite a bit. My wife really likes the rear seat so I guess I'm stuck with it for a while. LOL!

Last edited by seruzawa : 06-04-2008 at 01:43 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote