Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Talking My Lucky Day..............

I was riding home from work yesterday on my Bonneville, beautifull day, sunny upper 70's...gentle breeze, all that stuff. I pull off hwy 18 onto C street in Auburn which is about a 3 or 4 mile straight between a railroad embankment and a bunch of "distribution centers" (what we used to call warehouses) I pull away from the light with only a pickup in front of me.

I do a quick mirror check and off I got around him rolling up to 75 or so enjoying the day and the Trumpy snarl from my TOR's. I pull up to the light at the end of the road and check my mirrors, there I find a State Patrol M/C cop on his BMW giving me the once over...Well, darn I thought, that's not good...

The light changes and we go around the turn to the next light when he pulls up next to me in my lane and says in a friendly voice " remember to go the speed limit, OK...you were 30 over back there".... I mumbled something like " um...OK...thanks..." the light changes and off we go...

I guess the guy was a Bro, or he liked Triumphs or wasn't in the mood but I sure appreciated the break and it proves not all cops are out to get us...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I haven't been as lucky on the Busa. Let's just say the license is hanging by a string right now. Hell, the way I ride it, I should have lost my license a month after I bought it. It just seems the po-po are extremely pi$$ed off when I get pulled. I did get a few warnings, but I don't know how much longer my luck will last. I need a Bonnie. An old one. They can't ticket me when I am pushing a broken down Triumph down the street.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Oh yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
They can't ticket me when I am pushing a broken down Triumph down the street.
Wanna bet?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The Feds'll be on your ass when the EPA spots all that oil you're trailin'.....

Better to get a new one, they're nice and tight..(ahem)

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Not for me

I've got 2 points right now and lost my CA good driver status which gives a 20% discount in premiums.

Sadly, my tickets were on the Geezer Glide (so you know I wasn't speeding!) and a rental car.

Considering how I was abusing my driving privilege in the litre bike test, I guess I am lucky.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Anyone that gets s ticket on a Geezer-Glide should be beaten with the fringe from a set of arm chaps! How the hell did you manage that one?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Anyone that gets s ticket on a Geezer-Glide should be beaten with the fringe from a set of arm chaps! How the hell did you manage that one?
I was on my way to Yosemite with blondie on the back (you met her). We were on 395 on a typical hot day and the traffic was backed up for a mile. I just coasted the glide in the emergency lane passing all the traffic. I got about ten cars from the front and stopped. Blondie encouraged me to get to the front and instead of telling her to keep her yap shut I went to the front where I found a very unhappy cop who was cleaning up a gnarly head-on fatality (two cages) and writing a ticket to a BMW rider who did the same thing. He then made us wait in the heat until all the traffic cleared before sending us on our way.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
StillJustJerry
Registered Member

Strange - in California, lane splitting is legal, so if you stayed on the OTHER side of the cars, filtering to the front is legal. Most cops don't care either way, but obviously he wasn't staying cool either.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 AM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Wome will do that to you every time.