Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ride Stories (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ride-stories/)
-   -   sportbike vs cruiser (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ride-stories/18799-sportbike-vs-cruiser.html)

zip 06-18-2011 03:42 PM

sportbike vs cruiser

Musclebike Sportbike Friendship

When we were leaving bike nights me and two others riding with me saw maybe 16 Harley type bikes riding aggressively south, we saddled up fast hoping to catch them, went out to the hwy riding semi fast, caught up with them at the stop sign. They turned south and the race was on, the leader was riding a fully custom extreme chopper with a 220 rear tire and plenty of extra power, I was on a 600 sportbike. I worked my way up in their line, two full throttle passes, the third one taking me into a full throttle pass up to the leader. I took a couple triple posted corners and slowed to check my mirrors, one headlight coming up fast, I took a couple more fast corners and I slowed again, still one headlight. I let him catch up and pass to follow, he was all over on the corners sending up pieces of his bike in sparks, I could tell this was a very good rider, I go to take lead again and his bike starts sputtering and slows, I pulled beside him and we started talking, I asked if he was ok, he was just having some fuel problems, so as were riding side by side he's working on his bike, all of a sudden he twists the throttle and the race is continued, I pass him, let him pass, again I pass and let him pass, straight a way he tops at 144 and I passed like he is stopped, the race slowed and calmed cruising side by side throwing big smiles at each other, he wanted to know the speeds that were hit, as we shared euphoria we just rode side by side the rest of the way to the last stop sign. Big smiles at each other, he and I hug and pat each other on the back. The groups catch up and all gave big smiles as the leader of one group hugs another from the other group, I will remember this experience for a long time, he's a "good man" I will ride with him anytime.

Written by: anonymous

seruzawa 06-20-2011 04:49 AM

This would be the first time I heard of a bunch of Harley riders doing kumbaya hugs.

Sir_Angus 06-20-2011 06:55 AM

Sorry all I took away from this story is stupid, arrogant riders.

sarnali2 06-20-2011 08:59 AM

144 is mighty fast on an unfaired bike. Must have been pretty hard for the rider to hang on at that speed.

The_AirHawk 06-20-2011 09:02 AM

I wanna know what part of the world the curves are "posted" at triple-digits.......

Seriously - I wanna ride there!

Morbo the Destroyer 06-20-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 261860)
I wanna know what part of the world the curves are "posted" at triple-digits.......

Seriously - I wanna ride there!

It's in Botswania. They post speed limits at meters per hour to accomodate the water buffalo and horse traffic.

MOKE1K 06-20-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zip (Post 261822)
Musclebike Sportbike Friendship

When we were leaving bike nights me and two others riding with me saw maybe 16 Harley type bikes riding aggressively south, we saddled up fast hoping to catch them, went out to the hwy riding semi fast, caught up with them at the stop sign. They turned south and the race was on, the leader was riding a fully custom extreme chopper with a 220 rear tire and plenty of extra power, I was on a 600 sportbike. I worked my way up in their line, two full throttle passes, the third one taking me into a full throttle pass up to the leader. I took a couple triple posted corners and slowed to check my mirrors, one headlight coming up fast, I took a couple more fast corners and I slowed again, still one headlight. I let him catch up and pass to follow, he was all over on the corners sending up pieces of his bike in sparks, I could tell this was a very good rider, I go to take lead again and his bike starts sputtering and slows, I pulled beside him and we started talking, I asked if he was ok, he was just having some fuel problems, so as were riding side by side he's working on his bike, all of a sudden he twists the throttle and the race is continued, I pass him, let him pass, again I pass and let him pass, straight a way he tops at 144 and I passed like he is stopped, the race slowed and calmed cruising side by side throwing big smiles at each other, he wanted to know the speeds that were hit, as we shared euphoria we just rode side by side the rest of the way to the last stop sign. Big smiles at each other, he and I hug and pat each other on the back. The groups catch up and all gave big smiles as the leader of one group hugs another from the other group, I will remember this experience for a long time, he's a "good man" I will ride with him anytime.

Written by: anonymous

He actually mad sparks,...wow thats cool!!!!

The_AirHawk 06-20-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 261885)

That's right - ENCOURAGE the Child, Moke. This is what the Moto-World needs right now.......

Sir_Angus 06-21-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 261885)

My old shovelhead threw sparks all the time ... If I leaned left the kickstand dragged, and leaning hard right the tailpipe. LOL :D

Morbo the Destroyer 06-21-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Angus (Post 261896)
My old shovelhead threw sparks all the time ... If I leaned left the kickstand dragged, and leaning hard right the tailpipe. LOL :D

Hah! I ground so much metal off the bottom of the primary case that most of the metal from the hex-bolt at the bottom was gone.

I think this guy is 13, and the only seat time he has is pillion with his Dad.