Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I have thought about buying a retreat property there and from your pictures it looks wonderful. (I have never been there).The Tiger updates are great. It looks like Givi luggage on the next bike however. Anyone have any experience with Givi? Thanks for the update.
Well, it's near Bear Lake which is in both Utah and Idaho. It's a buyer's market right now. You gotta remember that winter lasts about 6 months up there at 6000ft. Personally I'd buy in Idaho. Lower taxes and higher speed limits on secondary roads. Utah loves to paint double yellow lines in too many places. Plus the campgrounds are kept up much nicer in Idaho. Bear Lake is pretty nice and you could also compete in the yearly "Raspberry Queen" contest.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Perhaps you've never been to Perris, CA.

Lots of gorgeous meth labs.
Don't worry. We have our fair share of those too. Few towns escape the scourge of meth. Small towns are particularly attractive to meth producers.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Don't worry. We have our fair share of those too. Few towns escape the scourge of meth. Small towns are particularly attractive to meth producers.
Well, it IS good for the dental industry.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Spring

Quote:
Well, it's near Bear Lake which is in both Utah and Idaho. It's a buyer's market right now. You gotta remember that winter lasts about 6 months up there at 6000ft. Personally I'd buy in Idaho. Lower taxes and higher speed limits on secondary roads. Utah loves to paint double yellow lines in too many places. Plus the campgrounds are kept up much nicer in Idaho. Bear Lake is pretty nice and you could also compete in the yearly "Raspberry Queen" contest.
Have you been to the Salmon area?It doesn't look like I will get to see it until next Spring.There is a hunting lodge on 33 acres for sale there along with an adjacent 6 acre property that has a fully stocked trout pond and log home.It's something to think about. With 6 months of winter it would definately be a part time retreat.The Rasberry Queen sounds interesting but I will have to pass on that one.Maybe Danica Patrick will compete totally naked there next year. She can throw a hissy fit when she doesn't win.Naked of course.

Last edited by jmdonald : 09-01-2010 at 05:58 PM.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
Have you been to the Salmon area?It doesn't look like I will get to see it untill next Spring.There is a hunting lodge on 33 acres for sale there along with an adjacent 6 acre property that has a fully stocked trout pond and log home.It's something to think anout. With 6 months of winter it would definately be a part time retreat.The Rasberry Queen sounds interesting but I will have to pass on that one.Maybe Danica Patrick will compete totally naked there next year. She can throw a hissy fit when she doesn't win.Naked of course.
I hate to admit this on a public forum but Boisie is surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of miles of some of the best motorcycle roads in the world. If you come to Idaho and have time check it out. I'm seriously considering retiring there.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #16
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default My thoughts exactly

Quote:
I hate to admit this on a public forum but Boisie is surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of miles of some of the best motorcycle roads in the world. If you come to Idaho and have time check it out. I'm seriously considering retiring there.
Every region has at least one scenic drive.Sounds like some great riding.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Martin Hackworth lives over there in Poke a Fellow.

You should look him up.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote