Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 02-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
srob1124
Registered Member

Default Cross country trip visiting all 30 MLB ballparks

my brother and i are doing a trek around the country from april 4th to july 16th in a clockwise loop to see a game at each MLB ballpark.

we will be out for 104 days, 10,976 miles.

we have a website setup to share this with other riders. Bikes & Baseball. we are in hopes of having you join us for a spell if we come through your area.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That sounds pretty damn cool.

Good luck with that.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Looks like you guys are well prepared and will have a great time. Good luck and be safe.
No better way to spend an afternoon than watching Sweet Lou kicking dirt. Go Cubs! (and by "Go" I mean keep sucking...)
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Taht RoXXorz!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Sounds like plenty of fun no dobut, my question , how do you fund 3 1/2 months hotel rooms, 104 ballpark admissions & $800 - 1000.00 in fuel and 3 on-the-road oil changes & a set of skins. Whats your budget for this adventure if ya dont mind my askin? I'm figuring gettng all the admissions comp'd and still spending $7000.00 for hotels fuel tires & oil. But wold be awesone. I'd like to do that with the Nascar season sometime before I kick the bucket.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Sounds like plenty of fun no dobut, my question , how do you fund 3 1/2 months hotel rooms, 104 ballpark admissions & $800 - 1000.00 in fuel and 3 on-the-road oil changes & a set of skins. Whats your budget for this adventure if ya dont mind my askin? I'm figuring gettng all the admissions comp'd and still spending $7000.00 for hotels fuel tires & oil. But wold be awesone. I'd like to do that with the Nascar season sometime before I kick the bucket.
Camping, dude. Camping.

srob1124, be sure to visit T.W.O. in Suches, Georgia! Tell GT I said "Howdy!"
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
srob1124
Registered Member

Default how are we doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
yes on the camping and big time begging. your thought on the comp tickets is exactly what we are trying. i just sent faxes to all but 5 teams (the faxes wouldn't go through) and mailed letters to the 5 begging .

i happen to belong to the gwrra (goldwing road riders association) so i'm going to contact members from the handbook who list themselves as willing to let someone camp out in their back yard. just hoping we can beg use of the shower, or use the hose in the back yard. food and lodging are the money eaters as you have figured out. we will probably be good and tired of burger king, mcdonalds, wendy's, and taco bell dollar specials too. i told my brother 'if the hobos could make it around and cross-country why can't we?' as sort of a dare-you-to-come-along-with-me remark. so our challenge is on.

the 3-1/2 months just happened to be a gift from the universe. it's more of a case of seeing a small window of opportunity to do this and hope the credit card doesn't get maxed before we're done. and at the end of it all i may have to sell my pickup to pay off the bills. your estimate of about $7000 is really close to what we figured, and we have the benefit of dividing that between us to lessen the amount per each

i can always get another pickup down the road, don't know if i'll ever have this kind of opportunity later on. so to be honest, we haven't got all the answers ( or the 6 numbers) yet. we just know we're going and making it up as we go along.

Nascar, now i hadn't thought of that excuse for a road trip. was trying to figure out how to get football done in one season. ron and i will have to munch on that nascar thing
Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Spend as much time out on the road as you can. This ain't no dress rehersal!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
A Star Ride
Registered Member

NASCAR would be great, 36 races over 38 (I think) weeks. No comp from them though cause thousands are out "Chasin Racin'" in motorhomes, etc. And some weeks you'd only have to run 2-3 hours (Bristol-Martinsville), then others you'd have TX, PHX, or CA, alot more milage, and camp, hotel or otherwise, thats a LOONG time on the road. Depending where your located, ya may be able to go home most weeks.