Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ride Stories (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ride-stories/)
-   -   My summer trip 2008 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ride-stories/11320-my-summer-trip-2008-a.html)

Ksu76rus 04-02-2009 05:15 AM

My summer trip 2008

Hi everyone! First of all please sorry for my english - I'm from Russia, but I like to be also with you all here, so i'll try to tell you the story of my trip this summer.
I'm riding several years but before this summer didn't go on my moto so far from home. I decided that I want to see Black Sea and in august I was ready to go. It was 2000km from home but it doesn't scared me, because I used to trust my bike:)
First time I was riding alone but then meet several people on motorcycles and we went together. 2 days - and we was there. My dream became true! It was awesome... There was a huge bike-fest - there I meet many interesting people, saw wonderful bikes...
Then three weeks on the sea and only then - back!
Several photos:

longride 04-02-2009 06:19 AM

Nice trip. I bet Russia has lots of places to ride. I'm up for a trip to the Kremlin.

The_AirHawk 04-02-2009 06:25 AM

Looks like fun - I bet that was a great spot for camping.

Ksu76rus 04-02-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 209105)
Nice trip. I bet Russia has lots of places to ride. I'm up for a trip to the Kremlin.

:) When are you going to be here?

sarnali2 04-02-2009 12:47 PM

I always wanted to tour Russia. I've read everything I could about the place and have often thought what an interesting country it must be to ride, so many different cultures and so much history.....interesting, I'm glad you're here. I read an article a few years back by another young lady who rode around the Chernobyl area taking photos of the buildings and landscape, pretty fascinating....

mscuddy 04-03-2009 07:46 PM

Neat stuff, how'd that Transalp run? But you had a great time. What's next? The Bospherous?

As my Russian grandmother would say "Oichen Karisho!"

Send us some more ride story stuff from Mother Russia, we have a lot more in common than most people know.

Ksu76rus 04-03-2009 10:56 PM

Oh, Transalp was great... It was my moto-dream for 4 years and I was the happiest girl when I've bought it... But it was very old (15 years), and after the summer 2008 when the whole distance I've ride on it was 35000km it just nearly "dead" and I've changed the bike... So now it is Pacific Coast and because it is not an enduro I want to visit Europe... My plan is Portugal, Lissabon and there the most western point of Europe - Cabo da Roca
Regarding some more stories from Russia - I'll try to find some interesting photos and tell you then about our trips!

sarnali2 04-04-2009 09:39 AM

Well congradulations on the new bike. I didn't know Honda sold the Pacific Coast in Europe, I thought they had the Deuville instead. It's a good solid bike, should get you anywhere you wish to go.

Cuddy and I have both been to Rota, I think that's the western most point of Spain at least.

Kenneth_Moore 04-04-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 209105)

Somehow I suspect you're already on "The List" there. :D

longride 04-04-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 209421)
Somehow I suspect you're already on "The List" there. :D

I think I'm that list everywhere. Kenny, you going to Sturgis or what? I think plans will be made by May. Think about it.