Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
ckways
Registered Member

Thumbs up When learning

When learning to ride do you think that the motorcycle head light modulator should be install on your bike.What about your helmets, should your were them or not.

Last edited by ckways : 02-10-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Skip the spam
ckways is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

I'm guessing we have another oneposter, heah...

But, just to humor you:

1) Not necessary, but anything you can do to be more obvious to the non-seeing/non-caring/non-functioning car jockeys is good.

B) I'm all for helmets. Others, not so much.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
ckways
Registered Member

well you should keep wearing it you helmet is very important
ckways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Ahhh, ok I'll bit?

1. If your talking about a flashing headlight, No! I hate those dam things, always think its a cop then I see its just some old scared rider that can't ride defensively enough to save his life so he needs to buy one of these "make me safer cause I dont know how to products?

2.Have you ever seen a melon hit a solid object a 35mph?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Warning: Bad Logic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Ahhh, ok I'll bit?

1. If your talking about a flashing headlight, No! I hate those dam things, always think its a cop then I see its just some old scared rider that can't ride defensively enough to save his life so he needs to buy one of these "make me safer cause I dont know how to products?
Again with the bad logic! You are making value judgements about the skill of the rider just by the use of a flashing headlight. How do you know the skill of the rider? Have you seen them ride poorly? The fact is that the flashing headlight draws more attention. Isn't that, in itself, riding defensively?

IMHO, I do NOT care for them. FWIW, they are illegal here in Delaware. Not sure about any other states.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
12er
Founding Member

Ive also seen some fried electrical systems with the headlight modulators. I'll stick with my PIAA's on. Helmet? Its your brain, ever been to a Gallagher show?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Ahhh, ok I'll bit?

Ditto Dr. Pulley, Mokester. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the guy using it can't ride. C'mon Moke, I don't care how good a rider you are, being skilled isn't going to create a magic shield around you that keeps that Q-Tip from pulling in front of you when you're 2' away. Been there, done that.

My Concours had one, and I think it helped. I was going to add one to the VStrom till I noticed the handy "Flash to Pass" trigger on the left control set. I flash any cars that look like they're headed into my path. I hope it annoys the **** out of them.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I bought my 1100XX used from Florida. It had a modulating headlight already installed. I'm happy with it, even if I have been pulled over once by a cop who didn't know what it was and that it was legal here in IL. I also wear a helmet and my gear is bright yellow. And I ride defensively. But not scared It doesn't make much sense to be riding scared on the expressway with a bunch of eighteen wheelers all around you.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

WOW YOU GUYS NEED TO RE-READ MY POST? SHAKING HEAD?

DOES THIS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HOW HE RIDES, DOES IT SAY RIDE? IS THE WORD RIDE IN THIS POST? SO QUICKLY YOU GUYS ASSUME I MEANT, HE CANT RIDE? WHEN WHAT I WAS SAYING IS "cause I dont know how to "ride defensively" enough? So I need a flashing headlight to do it for me?????

Jezzz?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Warning Deaf, Blind , And Old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Again with the bad logic! You are making value judgements about the skill of the rider just by the use of a flashing headlight. How do you know the skill of the rider? Have you seen them ride poorly? The fact is that the flashing headlight draws more attention. Isn't that, in itself, riding defensively?

IMHO, I do NOT care for them. FWIW, they are illegal here in Delaware. Not sure about any other states.
Hey now, I didnt say skill, I didnt say rider, nor did I say ride? And you think I need to re-read posts?ppfff. Dr. stuff words in my mouth?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-11-2009 at 08:32 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote