Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Er..uh..Ken, you know what the next line to that song is in your signature, right?

Now you'll have to get a rusty '73 Ford F250 & some 30 year old beat-up Yamaha 175's to chain down to the bed. Us redneck don't use tie-downs.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Er..uh..Ken, you know what the next line to that song is in your signature, right?

Now you'll have to get a rusty '73 Ford F250 & some 30 year old beat-up Yamaha 175's to chain down to the bed. Us redneck don't use tie-downs.
I do now! I had no idea it was a song...we used to say it like a team cheer back in High School. But a quick google and I found Randy Newman's song. Shee-it, you cain't have no fun no more.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Yes, it is, dammit. So is operating motor vehicles under the influence w/o fear of arrest.

I'm going to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" a few times as my penance.
Eegads, Ken. I wouldn't wish that on Satan himself.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

You REALLY need to get out of Florida.

Glad you had a good New Year.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
I’m trading the Mini for a Silverado, changing my registration to Republican, and buying me some guns and ammo! I have found my inner Redneck. I took the kid camping over the holiday on some private land way out in the middle of nowhere, somewhere South of Orlando, in an area known as the Kissimmee Prairie. And while I didn’t do any motorcycling, we did ride the wheels off two ATVs; a Honda Rincon and a Can-Am Outlander.

I know, this isn’t an ATV site, but please bear with me; it was so damn fun I just had to tell y’all about it. The Uncle of my son’s friend invited us out to his land, and let us ride his ATVs for two days through some amazing trails. The trails run through sugar sand, streams, and open grassland, and even some hills! These damn ATVs go through it all without the slightest effort. The Rincon is particularly easy to ride; you either go full-auto or you can “paddle-shift” it with handlebar buttons. The Outlander is automatic only. Although the owner of the ATVs tells me the Outlander is faster, I found the Honda to be much more confidence-inspiring that I could just wail on the thing. Top speed indicated for me on the ATVs was 45, but it felt like 100.

No redneckpedition would be complete without firearms, so we broke out some weapons and killed a bunch of yuppie water bottles. I don’t pretend to know much about guns, but I can tell you this: Sig makes a damn nice automatic rifle. This particular one had laser sighting, which worked day or night, at night you just put the dot where you want the round to go, during the day, it works about the same; except you look through the scope.

Our host was disappointed to learn that I didn’t bring the VStrom for some off-road adventuring. Although I’d love to have had a real dirtbike out there, there’s no way I’d try to wrestle that bigass Strom through those trails. Unpaved roads, grassland, sure. 3’ of water and mud, no thanks!

Hope y’all had a great New Years Holiday too!
"PUT DOWN THE GUN",...and buy the Can-Am. The biggest difference depending on unit and year is CVT to straight drive axle. Other than that there are a host of better feature's on the Outlanders, imo. All of them are Vtwins above the 400cc range,. so they will be much faster than the honda single cyl. Buy the feature's not the name! No matter which one you choose.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
"PUT DOWN THE GUN",...and buy the Can-Am. The biggest difference depending on unit and year is CVT to straight drive axle. Other than that there are a host of better feature's on the Outlanders, imo. All of them are Vtwins above the 400cc range,. so they will be much faster than the honda single cyl. Buy the feature's not the name! No matter which one you choose.

And for all you Florida recreational needs be sure to visit " Honest Moke's Motorsikkle-ATV-Bass Boat and Shotgun Emporium" Where all sales are final and every purchase includes a 5 gallon gas can and a styrofoam beverage cooler free of charge!!!

See us Today !!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
" Honest Moke's Motorsikkle-ATV-Bass Boat and Shotgun Emporium" Where all sales are final and every purchase includes a 5 gallon gas can and a styrofoam beverage cooler free of charge!!!
(Not affiliated with Klazy Ken Seminars Inc., Klazy Ken Not Stupid Inc., or Klazy Ken Affiliates LLC. Offer not valid in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties or anywhere else in Florida where there's more than 30% Non-White Hispanics)
Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
(Not affiliated with Klazy Ken Seminars Inc., Klazy Ken Not Stupid Inc., or Klazy Ken Affiliates LLC. Offer not valid in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties or anywhere else in Florida where there's more than 30% Non-White Hispanics)
That's discriminatory! What about all the White-Hispanics?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
That's discriminatory! What about all the White-Hispanics?
Taint no such a thang, boy. Waddya, stupid er sumptin?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
And for all you Florida recreational needs be sure to visit " Honest Moke's Motorsikkle-ATV-Bass Boat and Shotgun Emporium" Where all sales are final and every purchase includes a 5 gallon gas can and a styrofoam beverage cooler free of charge!!!

See us Today !!
Sweet at least you said honest,...which I am! But the styrofoam cooler's aint free!