Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-02-2002, 09:07 PM   #1
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: More stupid laws for California

WTF is this? This is a state Senator with WAY too much time on his hands. Why not do something productive, like preventing your virulent, evil anti-accelleration laws masquerading as clean-air policy spread like a leprous sore to the rest of the country?

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2002, 02:22 AM   #2
johnz
Founding Member

$A900 on the dole !

Whoopee !!
johnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 04:53 AM   #3
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default The Big Picture

There's lot politicians and activists in this country who spend most of there time figuring out how to control other peoples lives with frivolous little laws. California, it seems, happens to have these kind of people in spades.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:01 AM   #4
dcopp
Founding Member

It's a nice place to visit, but who wants to live there, really? California seems to be the test ground for all the stupid laws in the United States, and how many of them really work like they are supposed to? Besides if they start trying to tracking all those old, stolen bikes, how are those parts guys going to make any money?
dcopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:28 AM   #5
bigjames
Premium Member

"Harley has fixed the problem" of only having the VIN on the engine cases? Yeah, over 30 or so years ago! Glad that Califorina legislature is on top of things!

Makes me glad to live in (snowy at the moment) Georgia!
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:41 AM   #6
banda
Founding Member

Default Wait a minute

The article makes it sound like this is a good law. If I read it correctly, now you can register a Harley with a replacement motor in California when before, you couldn't.

This appears to be a repeal of a previous stupid California law.

That, as Martha Stewart would say, is a "good thing."
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:05 PM   #7
pplassm
Founding Member

Jezzuz Krist. WhoTF cares. Isn't there anything better to report?

When are you Califorinicators going to realize you have brought this all upon yourselves?

Old 01-03-2002, 11:23 PM   #8
jchin1979
Founding Member

I agree that this might sound like a waste-of-time law, but that's no need to bag on Cali. This is a great state. Yes there's a lot of things wrong with the state, but hell there's alot of things wrong with the places any of you people live as well. But for pure MOTORCYLING pleasure there is no greater place to ride than Cali. And Georgia?? come on!! How can anyone be proud to live in Georgia?!?!
jchin1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 12:38 AM   #9
Jimbo1
Founding Member

wtfo. Dixie lives and is a great place to be. How do we get from trashing Cali Laws to trashing Georgia? Even with the snow.
Jimbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 08:38 AM   #10
sportriderjed
Founding Member

California is a fascinating place. We have every different type of riding available most of the year. We have fruitcake lawmakers, but fortunately most of the time the laws make sense in the correct context. Unless you tell the CHP that stops you that you think his wife is good in bed he will probably not ding you for something so ludicrous as where the vin is on your bike. Where else can you ride all year round, or go two hours and be one a world famous coastline or national park? More importantly, where else can you split lanes legally?

The only thing that really irritates me is the lousy emmissions laws that restict the bike so much. Really, I have seen beater pileocrap cars rolling down the road spewing oil and billowing blue toxic gasses, and I have to have restrictions on my bike that gets 40+ mpg and burns cleaner than 90% of the subrbanite gas hogs trying to run me over everyday as I commute to work. If 49 other states have no such problems, we must be doing this so the general public feels like we motorcyclists are not left out of the anti-smog restrictions. If we had the same resticions as everone else for motorcycles, what difference would it make? The smog would still be here.

More worrisome is the loss of offroad places to ride, which really is something to be concerned about.
sportriderjed is offline   Reply With Quote