Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-11-2001, 04:47 PM   #21
Dneall
Founding Member

Default Re: Mat Mladin gets help from MO

and they then ran just a single pipe on the castrol twins towards the end of the 2001 SBK championship...

Mladin won the Aussie champs on the dominant ZXR, but others have done much better (Gardner, Doohan, Bayliss and McCoy)
Dneall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2001, 09:30 PM   #22
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Yeah, but I got first post, alan! hah hah, I beat you again. Oh well. We can all gloat a little now and then.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:08 AM   #23
stormcloud
Founding Member

Yep, good point Dneall. I just re-read an article where Edwards commented the single pipe on the twin gave the same power as two pipes but smoother power.

Do you remember Mladin on his RGV250 some thought was 'special' until he had to borrow a backmarkers engine and still blitzed the field at Phillip Island, or the times the (? then 19 yr old) was doing on an unfamiliar ZXR in the World Endurance 6 hr (again at Phillip Island). These were the things that got him his ill fated GP ride (too much too soon??)

I'm an Aussie but not a particular one eyed fan, just remember seeing some very impressive stuff from him as a youngster (before he got badly injured). Credit where it's due.

Schwantz is the most exciting rider I've ever seen.

I'm sure the U.S. and European guys have done stuff I'm not aware of prior to the big time too.

Ride safe and enjoy the life!
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 02:19 AM   #24
stormcloud
Founding Member

As an aside, have you ever seen the fvideo from Wanneroo, Western Australia, when Bayliss on a Suzuki was fighting with Martin Craggill on a Kawasaki for the Aussie title - Bayliss was backing it in, sliding it around and powersliding it out as dramatically as anything Gobert, Schwantz, Doohan or McCoy ever have, lap after lap - simply awesome!

Has anyone else won a world title their first full year on the circuit?
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 03:12 AM   #25
irwc1
Founding Member

Take a look just forward of the collector...is that an EXUP valve or am I seeing things?

irwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:18 AM   #26
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: double pipes

OK, I'm sorry but dude you are on drugs. Let's see I'm running a superbike team and my top priority is to change the sound of the bike. Hmmm......i don't think so. You can be sure that the change in the exhaust system will affect the powerband of the bike. You can take that to the bank. I'm sure it will change the sound as well but that is nothing more then a by product and not the intent of the change. Damn dude. Judith escaped!
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:22 AM   #27
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: double pipes

Changing the exhaust does affect the power band. Whether the exhaust is shortened, extended or split into dual pipes the powerband will change.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:09 AM   #28
spindizzy
Founding Member

Of course it is - the picture on this page is just a photoshoped version of a GSXR750 that MO showed to give an idea for the GSXR1000 - so it has all the bits on a standard GSXR (x 2 cans). Go to http://www.amasuperbike.com/t011210f.htm if you want to see Mladins bike with the twin pipe system.
spindizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:45 AM   #29
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default 2wd yamaha

Did you guys see this????? It's a 2wd R1

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/d...212131&=115794
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 04:16 AM   #30
parahobo
Founding Member

Default Unbelievable

Yea I saw it. I thought it was a joke at first. Hydraulic drive?? Are they trying to make bikes more user friendly? Safety first I suppose. Difficult to wheelie? Should be a big seller (if ever manufactured) in the UK........much safer on wet roads.
parahobo is offline   Reply With Quote