Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-08-2001, 09:00 AM   #1
ArtOfTheMotorcycle
Founding Member

Default Re: Glow in the dark motorcycles?

Actually, Vanson's new glow-in-the-dark leather is probably much more useful. Motorcycles already have lights. Lighting up the rider (this stuff is bright!) gives drivers a human shape they can identify and are programmed to avoid harming. It also could protect you if you crash on some unlit road and are lying on the road.

Art Friedman
ArtOfTheMotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
tbuse
Founding Member

Considering that most motorists apparently can't see a motorcycle in broad daylight, I'm not encouraged that they would pay more attention if a bike glowed. Well, maybe.

"Dad, what's that glowing in front of us?"

"I don't know son. Let's get closer."

Thump, thump.

"Hmmmm. Must of been a speed bump."
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default It sure would make you more visible,

but would it really make you safer? I think it would make you look like a space alien, making it much more likely that you would be shot by drunken rednecks.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 12:35 PM   #4
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Rotating Beacons on Helmets Soon Required

That will be nothing compared to our DNA dogtags with the built in biometrics and GPS transponder. As soon as we crash, they'll know just where to send either the ambulance or the hearse.

All of this for security and happy well being.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
Lateshow321
Founding Member

Default God wears a Vanson just to be cool

Because we all know that nobody would crash into him, he won't carry too much speed into a corner, and even if he does, he's great on the brakes, Bugs just fly around him, and his tires are protected from everything.

Now for those of you who think my statements are blasphemy...consider this, God is essentially concerned with man's happiness, and when are we happiest?? When we are carving turns on God's Green Earth.

When we get to heaven we won't have to complain that the bike we'd "really like to ride" isn't being built, because we will design it the way we want.

Vanson jackets are the most "Legit" of any leather for motorcycling. One of mine is fully perforated for summer riding...what a breeze!!!!!!!
Lateshow321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 02:16 PM   #6
fats
Founding Member

I heard glow in the dark motorcycles could cause testicular cancer!
fats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 06:06 PM   #7
Dryfly
Registered Member

I'll just take along Phil Donohue as my passager. He glows in the dark, doesn't he!?
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 04:32 AM   #8
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Somehow, I don't think that having the Prince of Darkness involved with glow-in-the-dark bikes maintains that sense of English propriety we all expect from them.

I mean, c'mon, really, is this serious? I'd probably die of an uncontrolled-laughter-induced aneurysm the first time I saw a glowing bike running around after dark. (And that's not safe, is it? Law of unintended consequences hits hard if you're not careful.)
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 05:05 AM   #9
xlr8r
Founding Member

For God's sake don't get enthusiastic about this glow-in-the-dark stuff, even if it seems like fun. Before you know it the authorities will make it compulsory on every surface of your bike and your body. Besides, even if you can be seen two miles away, what difference does it make? Research shows that car drivers simply don't look!
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 06:56 AM   #10
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Not only that, but half of the ones who do see you will target fixate on you if you're all lit up. Just look how many emergency vehicles parked on the shoulder with their flashing lights on get hit.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote