Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #21
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Couldnt have said it better Zod! Iam finding myself agreeing with you on this one.

By the way Iam 40 and own 2 GSXRs(not gixxers). Ratpack Iam as crazy as they come more so Roadrace then anything else but whilst on the streets you need to realise their are possibly poitical representatives driving in the car next to you.

Now Iam no angel but I do try to respect other drivers unless I feel my life is in danger. The bottom line is stunting seems to be all about the "look at me, look at me" factor.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #22
RatPack
Registered Member

[quote=seruzawa;191176]Actually cell phones cause far more deaths than motorcycles, as many as alcoholQUOTE]

Nope, 3200 deaths from cell phones in 2006 (possible 2007 i dont have my notes) but mtoorcycle deaths in 2006 were 4800.

Cell phone injurys, 133,000. I am sure motorcycle injurys are millions ha!.
RatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #23
RatPack
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Every one of this guys posts have been flogging stunta videos in one way or an other, I'm not sure what kind of response he expects to get from us with this sort of thing. Personally I think there are other web sites that would be more to his liking as we tend to focus on actual riding more than glorifiying d*ckhead behavior.
I posted 2 times, maybe I like talking about dangers of motorcycles more then how many oil leaks your harley has?

Yes i live in LA, but I own a motorcycle shop in Dayonta Beach on Main Street.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #24
RatPack
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Couldnt have said it better Zod! Iam finding myself agreeing with you on this one.

By the way Iam 40 and own 2 GSXRs(not gixxers). Ratpack Iam as crazy as they come more so Roadrace then anything else but whilst on the streets you need to realise their are possibly poitical representatives driving in the car next to you.

Now Iam no angel but I do try to respect other drivers unless I feel my life is in danger. The bottom line is stunting seems to be all about the "look at me, look at me" factor.
Well, that is good, I think my main point was that over 1000cc bikes are the main cause of motorcycle death, and unless you got an old gixxer 1100...

I do not know too many 40 year olds with gixxers, but then again i dont know too many 40 year olds...so i may have expressed personal opinion over fact. my bad.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

No foo pah there Ratboy, we were going about 75 and the kid on the Gixxer was a going a lot faster to get in front of us, the tankslapper happened when he was laying over the gas tank trying to grab the bars again, and the bike just kept wobbling along under its own inerita. Glad the kid didn't eat it. Was quite a show. Oh, and that's strike 1 btw.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #26
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatPack View Post
Well, that is good, I think my main point was that over 1000cc bikes are the main cause of motorcycle death, and unless you got an old gixxer 1100...
What are you an idiot? ooohh 1 liter is a magic number! BAN EVERYTHING OVER 999ccs! Ban are HARLEYS! ban all Gixxers! Ban all the big buells! ban everything over 999ccs! because lots of stupid kids dont bust their heads on 600s doing stupid ****! and f*ck i havn't busted my face off of things on a 100 *sarcasm*! you can kill your self on an electric bicycle by going too fast into the wrong thing to.

Now i think "Stunters" are just about the biggest dumb@ss squids around but its not about the size of the bike, you can wheelie just about anything. You can do stupid things on bicycles, quads and 50cc twostroke scooters!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #27
RatPack
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
No foo pah there Ratboy, we were going about 75 and the kid on the Gixxer was a going a lot faster to get in front of us, the tankslapper happened when he was laying over the gas tank trying to grab the bars again, and the bike just kept wobbling along under its own inerita. Glad the kid didn't eat it. Was quite a show. Oh, and that's strike 1 btw.
"...decided to show us his "stuntin" capabilities by whooshing by us, hanging both legs off the clutch side of the bike, and like something you'd do on a horse, bounced his feet off the ground and hopped his legs to the other side of the bike, all at 65+ mph."

Your own words you were going 10 mph faster then the guy "whooshing" by you...

not trying to pick a fight buddy, no stike one, that is your own words above me...no magic tricks here...

Can't well just listen to good old 80's music and relaxe?

I have my own forum and i never get a god complex...
Old 08-16-2008, 06:28 AM   #28
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
What are you an idiot? ooohh 1 liter is a magic number! BAN EVERYTHING OVER 999ccs! Ban are HARLEYS! ban all Gixxers! Ban all the big buells! ban everything over 999ccs! because lots of stupid kids dont bust their heads on 600s doing stupid ****! and f*ck i havn't busted my face off of things on a 100 *sarcasm*! you can kill your self on an electric bicycle by going too fast into the wrong thing to.

Now i think "Stunters" are just about the biggest dumb@ss squids around but its not about the size of the bike, you can wheelie just about anything. You can do stupid things on bicycles, quads and 50cc twostroke scooters!
Excellent rant! I completely agree.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #29
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Talking Dumb ass's

Each generation finds stuff to piss off the previous. That's just the way it is. I just hope I live long enough to see how stupid the current batch of cover tattoo, pierced, branded, yeah I used to be a stunna crowd look when they hit their middle to late years. Yeah it's not gonna happen cause I won't live that long. Can hardly remember the 40's and no I don't ride a GSXR, I prefer Green

Lotta respect for folks that do that stuff, provided it's not on public roads.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatPack View Post

I do not know too many 40 year olds with gixxers, but then again i dont know too many 40 year olds...so i may have expressed personal opinion over fact. my bad.
Thats cool ratpack. I would think its the liter bikes making all satistics. I talk atleast one guy a day out of buying a 1000cc bike. Hey a whatch out for us forty year olds, we alot of seat time;]!