Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-29-2001, 07:01 AM   #1
zamboni
Founding Member

Default Re: Men are faster than Women

Duh.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2001, 07:39 AM   #2
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Baloney

This is manipulation of statistics. It should be titled Male Officers are likely to ticket male violators. I wonder how many women Officer Cox let off the hook because they cried or gave him their phone number. Why don't they poll the officers for the reasons they don't write tickets to all of the violators of the speed limit? Then it might read that four out of five motorists who were not cited for the most flagrant violations of speed limits in Tucson, Arizona are women. Get all of the facts strait. Yeesh!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 07:57 AM   #3
zamboni
Founding Member

I say 'duh' because the speeders I know (myself included) are about four males to every female. Simple as that.

Although, it really torques me that Officer Tony Cox seems to think it's his calling to give as many speeding tickets as possible. Ticket the reckless drivers and leave the rest of us alone!
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 07:57 AM   #4
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Are men faster? All I know is that they generally finish first. I know one woman in particular who just hates this. "It's not that you finish first," she tells me. "The part that really bugs me is when you throw up your arms and say 'I win!'"
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 08:23 AM   #5
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Watch Out in Arizona

I used to live there, but now every time I go through the state I get pulled over for nothing. Usually they just let me go but I got a warning once for 6 over.

I think Arizona cops do a disservice to their state.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 08:43 AM   #6
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Baloney

Becuase the officers would lie.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:00 AM   #7
2DealDrive
Founding Member

What is a "flagrant violation of speed"? I have to wonder if changing lanes and going a little faster than the rest of traffic doesn't qualify in Arizona. If you're late for a meeting you're suddenly a white shark, male "daredevil"? I read an article on Speedvisions website under consumer news about single accident motorcycle crashes. Drinking and riding was the number 1 factor. I hate the message that speed and only speed is the cause of almost all accidents, 4 or 2 wheel.

Why does it say I'm anonymous? I'm registered.
2DealDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:24 AM   #8
da_burg
Founding Member

well men do like to drive faster, but i think for the most part men are also better drivers and riders, so they shouldnt be ticketed as much.
da_burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:34 AM   #9
Shadowspawn
Founding Member

Hmmmm.... I'd love to see the break down by age as well. Really the article doesn't prove anything, since it is based on a subjective call, that of the police officer choosing to give out a ticket. It would be interesting to setup a camera that photographed all speeders and see the break down by sex, as well as the statistics on how much they were speeding....
Shadowspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Nothing new here. Insurance rates say the same thing. Women pay less and younger guys pay more. Fast cars can triple the rates. I hope they didn't spend much time or money on the obvious. Then again all these people could be nuts and it's the "old guys on Harleys" that are the REAL problem. Yes that must be it!