Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-30-2001, 03:53 PM   #51
tony
Founding Member

Default Re: Arizona and speed limits suck

Well I don't quit fit in the same class. I've had one ticket in the last 15 years. I've driven in Arizona about 6 times in that many years and that is were I got my ticket. I got a ticket for 70 in a 65. That was before they raised the speed limit on the interstate to 75. I don't think it has anything to do with religion, I believe it is just a revenue opertunity. Send us the fine and you won't get any points on your license. It was a wide open stretch of road with very little traffic.

Highway outlaws in a new generation.

Tony
tony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2001, 04:09 PM   #52
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Watch Out in Arizona

Don't look to Arizona cops; look to how they are paid. If cops need to fill a high quota of traffic tickets in order to get a full-size paycheck, of course they'll ticket for 6 over the limit. Low state and national taxes mean that there's less government funds going into police agencies, and thus cops have to ticket more in order to fill the PD treasury. Here in Taxachussetts, traffic cops are very lenient. It's all a trade-off.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 04:23 PM   #53
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default 90 in a 75 isn't that bad.

and 20% is only 78 in a 65. Also pretty common in places that have 65 zones. Only time I've been stopped for 80 in a 65 was during tourist week outside a particular town where they're all out there looking for the bank. I've been pulled over doing over 100mph in a 75, and he gave me a warning. He didn't warn me for going 100, he warned me for doing it too long and not slowing back down to 80 after making the pass. I bet he woulda let me slide on 90.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 04:25 PM   #54
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default It was dumber the second time.

It sounded almost as dumb as calling responsibility a coporatist ideal. Like any corporation's ever been responsible.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 04:19 AM   #55
Zipper326
Founding Member

Default Taxachussetts

....lol
Zipper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 06:05 AM   #56
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

Default Re: 90 in a 75 isn

All I am saying is that if you're going 15 mph faster than everybody else on the road. Don't be surprised when you get stopped.
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 07:01 AM   #57
das
Founding Member

Default Re: For the last time.....

Yeah, we wouldn't want to allow any kind of inconsistency to creep into our language. It's simply a model of well-reasoned structure now.

"flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing, and are both generally acceptable, why not "regardless" and "irregardless"?
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:29 AM   #58
starvingstudent
Founding Member

The state motto is "We tax less than Sweden (for some income brackets)."
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 09:34 AM   #59
Shadowspawn
Founding Member

Default Re: Men are faster than Women

I got a better one for you. I am a white male with long hair and facial hair. My fiance is a white female with blonde hair, and (IMO) very cute, and much more "clean cut" looking than I. On 3 occasions now, we have been pulled over while she has been driving, and, not only does she get by with just a warning, but _I_ have had to answer more questions than she does. They take her info, and then spend the rest of the time asking me what I am doing, where I am going, etc.

But of course, I'm sure it is all justified. I mean, she was probably speeding cause I had a gun to her head or something....

Shadowspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 07:26 PM   #60
RWUB
Founding Member

You've never even seen real taxes, let alone can you comprehend how much more taxes we pay here in Canada.

Thank someone for being lucky enough to pay whatever little you do.

my 15% worth

RWUB
RWUB is offline   Reply With Quote