Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-29-2001, 05:01 PM   #31
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: Men are faster than Women

Yeah, it does prove one thing... (one thing that I've known for a long time)... Pigs Suck!!!
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2001, 05:10 PM   #32
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Four out of five pulled over were men; but about four out of five motorcyclists total are men. Conclusion? Gender does not affect your urge to go fast.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 05:21 PM   #33
starvingstudent
Founding Member

You beat me to the first point, but I agree 100%.

As for the second (men prefer sportbikes more than women), among the people I know, the opposite is true. Though some women do choose cruisers for the low seat height, most seem to prefer sportbikes because they don't see The Terminator as a role model and prefer something that's "lithe and agile" (ie sport-standard or sportbike).
Old 10-29-2001, 06:36 PM   #34
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: For the last time.....

Yeah, but "normalcy" wasn't a word until President Harding started using it, and now it's everywhere. How many new words will we have after four years of George W?
Old 10-29-2001, 07:24 PM   #35
rat
Founding Member

Default Arizona and speed limits suck

I've lived in Arizona for one year, been stopped four times and ticketed twice. New Mexico: one ticket in 3 years; California: 2 tickets in 7 years.

My driving style is usually 20% over on the highway - no speeding on city streets.

I think Arizona is just really strong on control,

order, responsibility, and all those other stale

christian corporatist ideals.

I really like California. They concentrate on handing out tickets to people with head-up-ass

driving ability or no drivers license. There's lots.
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 12:11 AM   #36
jchin1979
Founding Member

Of course men are faster. And so what if I have to pay a little more money in speeding tix. I just consider it my fee for not having to be on the sponge for a few days out of the month and be able to ride instead.
jchin1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 02:24 AM   #37
pplassm
Founding Member

I've got toagree with you on this. My wife and I have similar records to you and yours. We also lived in Arizona for 4 years. I received 2 citations, and she, none, despite being pulled over 10 times! My citatons equalled the number of times I was stopped. Both tickets were given to me when I was on 2 wheels. One was for 5 mph over in town.

We are teaching our young, beautiful women that it's OK to drive irresponsibly. They are invulnerable to male PO's.

My wife finally recieved a ticket when we moved here to central VA. She was going over 90 in a 45. The citation read 64 MPH (just low enough to keep it from being reckless driving). She was driving a Toyota Supra with European plates. If it'd been me, I'd still be in jail.

Oh yeah, Cops suck. Even my brother the MA state trooper.
Old 10-30-2001, 04:52 AM   #38
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

Default Re: Arizona and speed limits suck

20% over on the highway? So you drive 90 in a 75 and expect to not get pulled over? Most people on the superslab are driving 70-80. No wonder you stick out like a sore thumb.
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 05:41 AM   #39
RedShift42
Founding Member

Default Re: Arizona and speed limits suck

>> and all those other stale christian corporatist ideals. religion[/i] is to blame for people's speeding violations??

Yup, on Sunday morning I see all those cops coming out of church, whipped up into a righteous ticket writin' frenzy...

Hey Rat:

para*noia (noun)

[New Latin, from Greek, madness, from paranous demented, from para- + nous mind]

1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution usu. without hallucinations

2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others
RedShift42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 06:35 AM   #40
Larry_supersport
Founding Member

Simple Women drive Men to suicide.
Larry_supersport is offline   Reply With Quote