Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-25-2001, 06:36 PM   #51
con-mman
Founding Member

Default Re: Speedvision Sold, Future of Bike Programming?

Yea, this is really disgusting and it is not only MC that is about to get hit. I remember the commentators for F1 racing was also saying the same thing. I heard them saying they were going to do whatever they can to keep F1 racing on speedvision.Nascar is disgusting and its even decieving. You all know how the manufacturers keep saying race on sundays and sell on mondays and nascar cars is not even based on the street cars they claim. If any of u watch touring car racing, u can see they are based on the cars on the street that we drive and they also look so cool with the 19 inch rims on it. Nascar cars drivetrains,chasis,engine and body are totally different from the cars u see on the streets. And they make these carsto look like those pontiacs,fords and dodges we see on the streets. I was just being curious one day and i decided to watch nascar tech on foxsportsnet and i found out. U all know the the pontiac granprix, ford taurus and dodge stratus are front wheel drives, fuel injected and mostly sedans with four doors. Nascar cars use carburated engines to achieve high hosepower and i was totally disgusted when i saw that. And i said to myself even motorcycle are now coming with fuel injections and they are turning production fuel injection engines into carburators. And what i hate about it is the oval racing, one little mistake causes mass crashes and that's what most of the spectators want to see. I like all auto racing espescially f1, Lemans, rallys and touringcar racing but not nascar and i don't miss any of them,just like my motorcycle racing. And i can't imagine missing all of them because of f@#king nascar.
con-mman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2001, 07:06 PM   #52
AstonMartin
Founding Member

Forget Speedvision! Everyone, let's get Eurosport! ( is this simple or what...)
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 12:34 AM   #53
biaggi
Founding Member

Default Forget Speedvision, What About Eurosport?

How does one get Eurosport in the US? Do I have to launch my own satellite?
biaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 06:27 AM   #54
x1lightening
Founding Member

The answer for those of you that have D-TV is very simple. If they cancel motorcycle racing on speedvision, you just cancel your fox sports package. Its the only reason that the majority of you bought the fox sports pack in the first place. I know that I will.

Between all the major TV stations don't you think they have enough NASCAR racing on?? not knocking Nascar or its fans, but does it need to be on every channel? For those that are not fortunate enough to have a satellite system in my home area, on sundays you have two choices, CBS----football or NBC----Nascar. talk avout a nightmare if you like another team besides the rams or the bears!

Now they want to take away my tuesday night programming! UGGH!!!!
x1lightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 06:41 AM   #55
supermoto
Founding Member

I'm with you there!

The only reason I have cable is to watch Sppedvision. If the motorcycle racing goes away, so goes my reason for cable.
supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 06:46 AM   #56
solomoto
Founding Member

1st, you need to distinguish between 'news' and 'editorial'. Put your comments bout DORNA and AMA in an editorial section. Rant all you want in 'editorial'... Stop using MSNBC or CCN as role models for reporting/journalism...

2nd, racing is first about the 'race', then aboout the results. When we all get broadcast quality 'pipes' and the Net carries realtime video coverage, you might get readship that follows racing on MO. But thanks for keeping the results hard to find, makes indadvertently seeing the results, before seeing the race broadcast, less likely - a good thang.

3rd, Speedvision or soon to be 'spudvision'. They will do what they will do, and that will likely cut our coverage of bike racing (in most forms) and leave us with "American Thunder'. Not being 'fatalistic', but the money boys likely don't see revenue from the K&N boys, singing a-capella on their 'spot', as the sought-after 'high revenue'. All you need to do is check the names on the cars to see who's driving this network (vs the names on the bikes, for that matter)...
solomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 07:51 AM   #57
Paddy
Founding Member

Default Re: Petition to keep speedvision

"It is that low. I should've stated it more clearly, but when MO first started, we were the ONLY American source for real-time, or even within-a-week results, and the readership was really low. "

But now we have www.roadracingworld.com and amasuperbike.com. That's where I get racing results from. I wouldn't come to MO for results or reports.

Saying that I'm thinking of moving to Europe, so I'll just watch it live. From Friday qualifying to the Sunday race.

Paddy
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 11:06 AM   #58
lazy1
Founding Member

this is BAD BAD news!!!

if speedvision drops moto coverage i'm

dropping cable-there's simply no need

for it.

NASCAR? yechh.....
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 04:42 PM   #59
BigGit
Founding Member

Default Re: Reality

AFAIK, Speedvision's sponsors include the Big Four, H-D and BMW, and quite a few makers of hop-up parts. I wonder...
BigGit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 07:23 PM   #60
kagey
Founding Member

Best thing that could have happened. When Speedvision came on line it wasn't a channel that my cable company gave us. In two years I lost almost all my televised races as they hogged the market. It wasn't worth switching providers over one channel. If they drop out I'm sure TSN,TNN and the national networks will start picking up the races again. Specialty channels aren't worth spit if you can't get them.
kagey is offline   Reply With Quote