Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-25-2001, 04:34 AM   #31
RayRevolver
Founding Member

Default Re: Speedvision Sold, Future of Bike Programming?

this sickens me. I have signed that petition and sent numerous emails to speedvision programming. If this does happen, hopefully someone else will pick up the motorcycles and give us what we want....good racing! Geez, even a nascar only channel can give up a few hours here and there for motorcycles. I don't really even want to think about this anymore...#$&^%!
RayRevolver is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2001, 05:10 AM   #32
buhl
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA is the problem

Yes it is. I was an AMA member until I went endurance racing in the late 80s CCS series. The AMA treated us terribly. Biggest bunch of losers I have ever seen. Although it was cool to see Dr Johns Guzzi win.

jab
buhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 06:48 AM   #33
mikexlr
Registered Member

I see a common thread here, many of us are willing to pay a very high dollar to bike related show percentage, myself included (the only reason for my Direct TV, and it will be dropped if Speedvision goes the circle route). There is a definite business oportunity here for someone (MO!), I would certainly be willing to spend my current Direct TV budget somewhere else (higher speed connection?) in order to keep feeding my need for all types of bike related programming, and yes that includes Michelle Smith.
mikexlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 06:50 AM   #34
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default you asss

nuff said
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:08 AM   #35
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah but...

My Wife and I went from pi$$ed to laughing our a$$es of when Rossi did that "maneuver". LOVED IT!

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:09 AM   #36
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Speedvision sounds like a meth abuse symptom

Methedrine is a favored biker drug 'round these parts. Had some guys coming the other way in an old Chevy pickup with a Harley sticker that covered the whole back window, try to run my obviously Japanese sportbike off the road. They had those kind of wild eyes sported by regular enthusiasts.

As far as I know, most every biker meth head rides products of The Motor Company exclusively. No slurs intended; I love my Harley too.

Speedvision indeed.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:10 AM   #37
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Bagger racing. :D

Still wouldn't be able to see the logos from all the sparks flying off the floorboards.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 08:30 AM   #38
TeamProBono
Founding Member

Default Some People DO Read Race Results Online/In Print!

FYI to the short-sighted: there are MANY people (perhaps not enough in the U.S. to generate a "1" on the Nielsen charts) that DO read text reports online and in print of race results and reports, whether or not we watched a race (even if we saw it in person!). Why? Because we're fans, diehards, junkies, real aficionados (read Hemingway if you need a definition of that).

As a racer in my 4th retirement (never say never again), it's in my blood and I get a vicarious thrill getting the inside the scoop, the little minutiae (yes, that was redundant) about what happened on and off the track that isn't always apparent on t.v. and can't be seen at the track (especially because you can't see everything all the time in person). And, I for one do NOT have Speedvision, just the dribs and drabs of it that Fox Sports Net deigns to show on the local cable broadcast (if lucky, the first race of each WSB round, some of the AMA Superbike races, more rarely some of the AMA 600 SuperSport races, and recently, now that the WSB season is over, a couple of motoGP 500cc races--Philips Island AUS ROCKED!).

I get my online news at FIVE different websites (GP results here at MO but nearly ALL OTHER INFO at the others and FASTER, too...), I subscribe to "Roadracing World & Motorcycle Technology" which is devoted to roadracing (primarily AMA, WSB, motoGP (I hate that name!), Formula USA, WERA, with a smattering of World Endurance, CCS and other stuff, as well as great articles about racing/racers/bikes/set-up/etc.). I also subscribe to "Sport Rider" magazine (racing/sport riding oriented), "Motorcyclist" magazine (general street riding), and the wonderful locally published "CityBike" (San Francisco Bay Area motorcycling--free, but people around the world subscribe to this).

And you know what? I know a lot of other people just like me! Well, maybe not just like me...

Lest you think all I do is read, I frequently go on day rides of several hundred miles, commute, and even go on two-up weekend camping trips all on the same 600cc sportbike (as well as doing all my own service work on it).

If FOX wants to destroy Speedvision (Speed Channel? Now that's some branding geniuses in action!), so be it. Just makes me glad I hesitated to buy digital cable or a dish system.

Finally, as far as MO's race coverage, if you're going to post the finishing results, would you please post ALL of them? Not just the top 10/15/20? REAL fans want to know...even if you think there are only a few of us (and maybe only a few of us come HERE....maybe there's a reason, Brent?).
TeamProBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 08:35 AM   #39
V-twinner
Founding Member

Default Re: Dumb Moove

Dorna is a mult-national, European based corporation.

Ask Kenny Roberts, Sr. what he thinks of Dorna sometime.

Or Barry Sheene.
V-twinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 09:07 AM   #40
Forgy
Registered Member

Blip & Co.,

Your reaction to the Speedvision changes really suprises me... A couple of months ago, I sent you a petition regarding Speedvision's programing changes (all NASCAR) and asked you guys to post it so MO readers could let the programming Execs know exactly how we felt. You guys never responded, and didn't post the petition address for the other MO readers to see.

Looks like Dorna isn't the only one who doesn't care...

Forgy is offline   Reply With Quote